Maybe Kringle was looking for this?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Has anyone else noticed that the monkey-doll-thing swirling around with the other toys at the end of Tomb of Sammun-Mak and the beginning of They Stole Max's Brain is the same one that was sitting on a chair in the back room in Ice Station Santa? I wonder if that's a toy we'll get to use in episode 4 or 5?

monkey-tomb.png

monkey-tsmb.png

monkey-santa.png

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I noticed that when I first played 201. (I bought season 3 before seasons 1&2)
  • edited June 2010
    I was thinking the same thing! Although, I've been able to identify the other toys as versions of toys I know, this one doesn't look at all familiar. Does anyone know what toy this could be based on, and what it's supposed to do? Or is it just a stuffed monkey? I hope it has Monkey Island powers, whatever those may be. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Nimeni wrote: »
    I hope it has Monkey Island powers, whatever those may be. :D

The power of the ultimate insult?
  • edited June 2010
    Or voodoo powers-- like a voodoo doll, or tarot card magic, or the ability to give people epic wedgies from across the island!
  • edited June 2010
    The Rocking Horse toy is from that episode too. Anyone notice a mini guillotine anywhere in 3?
  • edited June 2010
    I think it allows you to summon a army of hellspawned simians.
  • edited June 2010
    Geez, guys, is the same toy because telltale used the same model, that's all.
  • edited June 2010
    we are all just playing around geez pople aren't that stupid, but it cuold be.
  • edited July 2010
    I hope we get some Season 1 throwback toys in the next couple episodes. Maybe a Hypnobear that has X-ray vision.
  • edited July 2010
    Perhaps Kringle was inspired by them. ;)

Cheers to you for getting screentshots from the game. I thought the toys looked familiar.
  • edited July 2010
    Im pretty sure they are just recycled resources .... but for the sake of fun... I bet it totally is a sinister toy that gives the owner the power to travel the world and deliver toys all in one night that evil bastard.
  • edited July 2010
    The wooden horsemen were almost certainly there at the end of 302, almost definitely as filler material.
  • edited July 2010
    If the monkey had any powers, it would be a sort of Monkey-See Monkey-Do power; the ability to make other people mimic your actions (I can see how that would come in handy in a lot of puzzles)
  • edited July 2010
    I personally like the idea that Santa had several toys of power in his workshop without ever knowing it because he doesn't have the gift.
  • edited July 2010
    If the monkey had any powers, it would be a sort of Monkey-See Monkey-Do power; the ability to make other people mimic your actions (I can see how that would come in handy in a lot of puzzles)

Hehe, I could see that being helpful in real life!

1)
    You: can I have a raise? *boss nods head*

2)
    If you're held at gunpoint, get the gunman to drop the gun!

3)
    (for blokes) Get every fit girl to flash at Mardi Gras and throw the beads back! (and get the grizzly grannies to keep them in)

Any more?
  • edited July 2010
    I figured out what the Monkey Toy is... It's the power of throwing smelly brown objects!

If you don't get it, then you don't want to read up on monkeys.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.