Where's Sam and Max's office????

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
3 episodes and they still wont let us visit...

I really want to go back to the office in the new games. Telltale got really lazy over this.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure there is a valid reason we can't get back in there. Possibly even related to why Superball was guarding the closet door at the end of S2E4.

That said, I miss the office too. It was kind of nice to have a "home base" I could return to to think over puzzle solutions.
  • edited June 2010
    I miss shooting out the window at unfortunate pedestrians.
  • edited June 2010
    While I do miss the office somewhat, I'm really not sure what's "lazy" about Telltale not including it. Wouldn't it be lazier if they had reused the old location?
  • edited June 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    While I do miss the office somewhat, I'm really not sure what's "lazy" about Telltale not including it. Wouldn't it be lazier if they had reused the old location?

It's lazy in the sense that they can't be bothered to find a new way to make it seem fresh and reinvent it.

That's my story and i'm sticking with it.
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder if they put anything new in the closet between seasons.
  • edited June 2010
    Now that there is no Penal Zone on the office, we will probably return... after we deal with the Sam clones army and the Yog-Soggoth.
  • edited June 2010
    A new office would be nice, as someone on the forum posted, a picture of a much smaller office that sam & max have in one of the tv shows ? or something, it looked really cool. Also instead of us going all around the city and such (while nice) i just really wanna explore sam & max building, isnt Sam & max still supposed to be kinda wacky, like say Buildings are much bigger on the inside than outside. Surely there is alot more cool stuff than their office in their, there must be some crazy other people liviing there, perhaps secret rooms, basements what not xD
  • edited June 2010
    I really miss the office. I didn't realise until they took it away this season. :( Hope to see it at least in the finale
  • edited June 2010
    Honestly, I really just want to see what JE-J does for a new office theme.
  • edited June 2010
    It's lazy in the sense that they can't be bothered to find a new way to make it seem fresh and reinvent it.

That's my story and i'm sticking with it.

There's obviously a reason for it. We're going to find out.
  • edited June 2010
    I wonder if they put anything new in the closet between seasons.

i wonder if the next time we look we see a leonard skeleton :D
  • edited July 2010
    That is a bit evil. Though, I think they let him go after 205. Oh, I do want to see the office. Part of episode 5 credits possibly? Jake said on a other post they were doing special credits. Either opening or end. Or we may go in it again in season 4 (assuming where will be one. Hopefully).
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, I really miss the Office. I miss the awesome music. (Its one of my favorites.) I miss the closet of past junk. I miss the answering machine messages. I'm still wondering if they got another coat hanger for the TV yet, and... I want to play 'Wack-Da-Rats' again.

Come on guys, surely there has to be something important we can grab from the Office this season, so we can at least see how it has changed from last time.
  • edited July 2010
    With all the weirdness that's going on, I do kinda want some news reports, but that may as well be on the radio. Now that we're getting to the end of the season, I somewhat hope we get to explore the building a bit more.
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    With all the weirdness that's going on, I do kinda want some news reports, but that may as well be on the radio. Now that we're getting to the end of the season, I somewhat hope we get to explore the building a bit more.

there are news boxes in every episode so far (except for 302) so yeah.

We'll probably see it in 305. In fact, I bet a Devil's Playhouse Button Set that we'll see it in 305. Who's going to take me up on that?
  • edited July 2010
    I have a feeling that in Episode 5 we will be seeing the Office, in Episode 4 we won't be seeing much of Straight & Narrow. Without Bosco it feels kind of worthless.
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that in Episode 5 we will be seeing the Office, in Episode 4 we won't be seeing much of Straight & Narrow. Without Bosco it feels kind of worthless.

Without Bosco it IS worthless

So, whos taking me up on my offer?
  • edited July 2010
    It's obvious why we can't go back into the office...

Taking the remains of a colony of alien bacteria (The Jar O'Bliss) into the closet? Bad idea! The reason why Superball is guarding the closet in 204, and why coincidentally Sam & Max are kept out of their own building in Season 3 by the local government (Which could be swayed by Superball) is that... Hugh Bliss is being reborn!!!

Remember: Hugh Bliss could read Sam's mind. Maybe he's a psychic?! Could he use the Toys of Power!!?? WILL HE SELL MORE CALENDARS!!!???
  • edited July 2010
    SmileMan64 wrote: »
    It's obvious why we can't go back into the office...

Taking the remains of a colony of alien bacteria (The Jar O'Bliss) into the closet? Bad idea! The reason why Superball is guarding the closet in 204, and why coincidentally Sam & Max are kept out of their own building in Season 3 by the local government (Which could be swayed by Superball) is that... Hugh Bliss is being reborn!!!

Remember: Hugh Bliss could read Sam's mind. Maybe he's a psychic?! Could he use the Toys of Power!!?? WILL HE SELL MORE CALENDARS!!!???

Hugh Bliss is not being reborn, he's enjoying himself in hell.

And I will Highway, I will take up your offer.
  • edited July 2010
    On the Straight and Narrow! Doesn't everyone know that?
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Hugh Bliss is not being reborn, he's enjoying himself in hell.

And I will Highway, I will take up your offer.

that means that if there is the office in 305, you owe me a sam & max devils playhouse button set :D
  • edited July 2010
    i hope they can let us in the office in episode 305
  • edited July 2010
    I was thinking, if they do special credits, maybe during the credits, they'll sow us Sam & Max in the office again and you can see the whole office! That wouldn't be as cool as actually going inside it and clicking on everything though....
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    I was thinking, if they do special credits, maybe during the credits, they'll sow us Sam & Max in the office again and you can see the whole office! That wouldn't be as cool as actually going inside it and clicking on everything though....

At least it would mean it still existed for season 4
  • edited July 2010
    on the subject of older post, I do miss Bosco and sybil and all the old elements. It was a nice break, but its like after a vacation your just waiting to go home
  • edited July 2010
    3 episodes and they still wont let us visit...

I really want to go back to the office in the new games. Telltale got really lazy over this.

true it would be nice to revisit the office.. if only to find out if Leonard is still in the closet lol
Sign in to comment in this discussion.