Puzzle Agent Mac: no fonts appear

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I just downloaded Puzzle Agent and the menu is completely blank... I had to click around to get out of the game, and I managed to snap a picture...

I've got an old Mac Book Pro, OS X 10.6.4, with an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon X1600.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Tried it on my (also) old iMac, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT, same thing.
  • edited June 2010
    I have the same problem on my new iMac (3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670). No fonts in the menu or in the game!!!!

Please fix that!
  • edited June 2010
    i have the same Problem, my mac specs are : 3,06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4670.
  • edited June 2010
    I tried it for a second time and then again some weird black horizontal strips showed up and joined with some cluttered structures whithin the back which might make sense lantern on but not so much now but i can smell that i'm awakening and changes are ahead.

I feel like my brain is transforming into BEAST'S BRAIN and so i would like to act like one, stIll a delirious one.

Where are those buttons, what do they mean, to you, to me?

Fast, time passes quickly and before it gets too late and i'll understand even less of what you and i are saying.

Fear, instict, AND anger, i feel that i have to turn around, run, grow, roar and ACT just now...
  • UrdUrd
    edited June 2010
    Also no fonts in macbook pro
    mac os 10.6.4
    2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    GeForce 8600M GT

Sam & Max 303 ran perfetely fine on max reso and details.
  • edited June 2010
    Is there anyone who can actually play the game on a Mac?

I'm just wondering because on my machine i do get no font textures, no speech and at some point, before the i suspect third riddle, it keeps crashing in the hotel lobby.

Specs: Mac with OSX 10.6.4, i5, 4GB, GT330M (256MB VRAM)
  • edited June 2010
    same on MBP Mid 09, 10.6.4 (9400M). Ill check it out with the 9600M GT right away and post back if that works.
  • edited June 2010
    it doesn't. please fix this!
  • edited July 2010
    So the Mac version more is a July release, huh. ;O)

But somehow you have to acknowledge that this provides just the perfect Grickle mood: *AAAAHHHHH*
  • edited July 2010
    It seems Telltale have no standard configurated mac system to test...
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Hey everyone, we've figured this out. This ONLY affects people playing the game on a non-English Mac. We are working on a patch and will likely have it up today or tomorrow, but in the meantime you can play the game by changing your system language to English. Sorry guys!
  • edited July 2010
    This works for me (I can see the fonts now, I do not know about the reported crashes).

You'll want to do this (I explain this because there are more than one options to change some sort of 'language', and because it requires logging off and on again, so, in order to spare some guys some clicks):

1. Open System Preferences Panel
    2. Open Language & Text
    3. From the tabs, choose 'Language'
    4. Drag 'English' to the top of the list
    5. As prompted, log off and in (from the Apple-menu)
  • edited July 2010
    Sacrebleu!
    ¡Dios mío!
    Ach so!

That's weird! hehe... trying to change language settings...
  • edited July 2010
    Well, changing my language to English worked well enough to have me playing for almost an hour!

What a great game this is!

But when I left the game, the "yes" and "no" labels weren't there.
  • edited July 2010
    We are not amused!

"ONLY" is neat description. :O)
  • UrdUrd
    edited July 2010
    works fine now, even the "yes" and "no" are there.
  • edited July 2010
    Urd wrote: »
    works fine now, even the "yes" and "no" are there.
    You changed your language settings though, am I right? The patch doesn't seem to be up just yet :)
  • edited July 2010
    capfuji wrote: »
    You changed your language settings though, am I right? The patch doesn't seem to be up just yet :)

let me guess, you had to download the file again just to check?

ceterum censeo, please TTG, add version numbers/timestamps/checksums to the 'Your Games' list!

pretty please? :)
  • edited July 2010
    Nothing yet?
    edited July 2010
    Hoping to get something up in the next day or two.
    edited July 2010
    UPDATE! New Mac build is up. This only changes the foreign language issue that people were experiencing, so if you don't have that problem then you can save yourself the download. But you should now be able to run the game with text and so forth even if your operating system is in a different language.
  • edited July 2010
    It works! (Darn game is addictive)

But still misses the last "yes" "no" labels of the quitting window as I said in post #15
  • edited July 2010
    Korpil wrote: »
    But still misses the last "yes" "no" labels of the quitting window as I said in post #15
    This is a bug in the PC version too. I just have the colored boxes on my Windows 7 laptop (Mobility Radeon X300 video, modified 10.2 legacy drivers).
  • edited July 2010
    Thank you Telltale for updating! It works....
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, that's an entirely different issue. It's known and being looked into. Sorry guys!
This discussion has been closed.