Puzzle Agent not saving

edited July 2010 in Game Support
Hi,

I've tried to run the game a few times now and after selecting new game I continue on to my first puzzle. I have completed it and move on to the next part of the game. I think my problem is when trying to quit the game. I can't find any menu to quit from. I have tried Alt F4 and it quits but now I have no save. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong so any help would be welcome.

Jer.

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Hit escape and from there you can find the main menu to quit!
  • edited June 2010
    Hi. I am having the same problem. I cannot quit the game. When I press "Esc", nothing happens. Please help.
  • edited June 2010
    Hi,

I've tried to run the game a few times now and after selecting new game I continue on to my first puzzle. I have completed it and move on to the next part of the game. I think my problem is when trying to quit the game. I can't find any menu to quit from. I have tried Alt F4 and it quits but now I have no save. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong so any help would be welcome.

Jer.

No keys allow me to "Esc" let me know what you need for info.
  • edited June 2010
    Same problem for me. There is no way to exit the game. I've tried ESC repeatedly and all the F-keys, ctrl q, ctrl x. No way to get to the menu. The game looks very cool, but I need to access the menu and quit when needed without having to force the game closed. Thanks!!:confused:
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know if this will help isolate the problem. My PC, which has the problem is running Vista Ultimate 64-bit. The game works properly on my laptop, which is running Vista Ultimate 32-bit.
  • edited July 2010
    greyven wrote: »
    Same problem here. The second puzzle doesn't work. I've a GTX 480 on Win 7 64.

Attached my dxdiag

Same here... made a thread about it as the topic here did not apply, but the thread does. Same OS and card here, same problem.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    There are a couple of things going on in this thread so lets get the easy ones out of the way first:

1) You can't access the main menu until you've gone into the Inn, so you have to solve those first two puzzles.
    2) There's no manual save in this game. The game saves after every time you solve a puzzle.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I still can't access the menu when I've gotten into the Inn. On a mac btw.
  • edited July 2010
    I had the same problem, but I think I know why some people are not able to open the menu and it has to do with the game state. Sometimes a big banner will show along the top of the screen instructing you to 'talk to X' or 'get on Y'. All you can do at that point is exactly what the big banner wants you to do. Once you complete that action, you can freely explore and hit Esc to get to the menu. Hope this makes sense.
This discussion has been closed.