A question about the music.

edited January 2007 in Sam & Max
Hey hey, I was just wondering if you guys are planning to give out more free music from the games and if you are I highly suggest you give us the the theme thats played while in the Desoto. ;)

On another note, a fantastic 2nd episode guys, laughed even more, music was excellent and everything else was fantastic. Just makes the wait for the next episode even harder!

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    There will be many more MP3s released, and I don't think including the driving track would be a problem :)
  • edited January 2007
    Wow, I disagree about the music, it's good but there's something not very sam-and-max about it... it's sort of the same song, just different variations, on all locations. It's always the same mood, always the same tapping on the highhat and mysterious sax and vibes dibbling about.

I guess I expect something a little cartoonier or playful.. the music is a little too moody and serious for something as lighthearted as these characters are.. it's not bad music.. also it doesn't remind me of the original LucasArts Sam and Max series, which I seem to hold it up against. I wouldn't associate this music with a cartoon game world-- maybe some kind of real crime or murder mystery game-- but it just doesn't go with the cartoon world. At least it should change more between sets, and take some chances instead of the same old mysterious noodling around on sax and high hat.

(btw Telltale's Sam and Max is kind of a different animal than the LucasArts version was.. darker! and always inside. a little claustrophobic! I think the music somehow adds to this claustrophobia-- I want to get away from that dark mood it creates to someplace sunnier.. on that not I hope to see more outside levels!)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    One of the goals with the episodes is variety, so it won't be more of the same, more of the same, both musically and in terms of the environments you visit. An episode set in a nearly-abandoned TV studio is obviously going to be claustrophobic and moody, but there are episodes set in ... brighter locales.
  • edited January 2007
    Actually I liked the music. Nice blue/jazz stuff, which of course fits the game well. I somehow like the music of the office. It's calm and simple.

Maybe there could be the whole soundtrack of the first season in the upcoming cd -version, eh? :)
  • edited January 2007
    I love all the music except for the one playing at the streets - which is unfortunate, as that seems to be one of the most often used locations (for good reason, too). The street music feels really pressing and actually makes me uneasy and kind of ... well, oppressed with a lack of better word.

Goes as far as to me not really wanting to spend time at the street location of the game. It's not fun.
  • edited January 2007
    I love the music.. I think its one of the highlights of the games.. the street music probably is a little too fast moving but other than that its spot on
Sign in to comment in this discussion.