Am I just an Idiot, or what?

edited July 2010 in Site Support
I was having a huge struggle when posting just a single post on here, because I couldn't find the spoiler text button. I looked on this forum for a sticky about forum html or something, looked in the faq, but then eventually found out by googling it. Is there a button for it? And if so, where?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    There's no button for spoiler text. Sorry. You have to manually type (spoiler) and (/spoiler), except use square brackets instead of parentheses.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, that's what I wasn't hoping to hear. But like I said, I figured out how to do it.
  • edited July 2010
    Given the story driven nature of Telltale's games, you'd think spoiler tags would get a button in the advanced editor, but no such luck. :(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, sadly there's no such button yet.

For the record, this is what spoiler Tags look like:

[noparse]
    Text
    [/noparse]

And this is how i got them to show with the correct brackets:
    [noparse][noparse]
    Text
    [/noparse][/noparse]
  • edited July 2010
    and this is how to make that show up:
    [noparse][noparse][noparse]
    Text
    [/noparse][/noparse][/noparse]

etc.
    lol

Personally I hate switching from keyboard to mouse so I always type all the tags.
  • edited July 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Personally I hate switching from keyboard to mouse so I always type all the tags.

I always type out all of my text first and then go back and add links and images and quotes as necessary, and I only type spoiler tags because I am required by law to do so.
  • edited July 2010
    Most tags are pretty simple anyway, so I almost always type them. Things like [noparse] and [/noparse] aren't that hard to remember :)
  • edited July 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Most tags are pretty simple anyway, so I almost always type them. Things like [noparse] and [/noparse] aren't that hard to remember :)

I use ctrl + b and ctrl + i for those. :p
  • edited July 2010
    This thread can be closed now, btw.
This discussion has been closed.