Situation Comedy is almost unplayable due to jerky graphics

2»

Comments

• edited February 2007
    For the record, Comodo was apparantly the main source of trouble for me too. Killing the Comodo process pretty much eliminated all the lag I've been experiencing.

EDIT: Hm, misread the thread title a bit. Actually, for me killing Comodo solves the lag in episode 3, which I had at first attributed to memory leak. I don't recall ep2 lagging on me all that much, but maybe that's because I used McAfee rather than Comodo back then..
  • edited February 2007
    The best workaround for the firewall thing is not to use software firewalls, i use now only a HW Firewall. (yeah in the past i used SW too, but now i am a bit more clever *g*)

Just to mention(for further reference), Peoples with Dual/MultiCore CPUs should always check if the CPU Affinity causes problems for every Game.(especially with AMDs). (Sound stuttering,Animation Stuttering or playing to fast ect.)
  • edited February 2007
    Damn, cant get through the car chase part of ep 3... too slow, I tried to turn off virtually everything on the pc : antivirus, firewall, msn, skype... no such luck, it's just way too slow...
  • edited February 2007
    I do not use Comodo Firewall, but parts of Episode 4 definitely had frame rate problems for me (E6400, 2GB RAM, X1950 Pro), especially during scenes in
    the Oval Office
    . It was definitely still playable, but Sam & Max shouldn't be suffering these problems on my system.
  • edited March 2007
    The stuttering in episode 4 this time includes scripted animations as well. In particular when Sam speaks, the rest of the cast speak at full framerate. Guess the issue is there.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    adg1034 wrote: »
    I do not use Comodo Firewall, but parts of Episode 4 definitely had frame rate problems for me (E6400, 2GB RAM, X1950 Pro), especially during scenes in
    the Oval Office
    . It was definitely still playable, but Sam & Max shouldn't be suffering these problems on my system.

Did you happen to notice if it improved when Max stopped walking around?
  • edited March 2007
    I didn't notice much lag like I did in ep 3, but ep 4 still gradually ate up RAM like no tomorrow. The only time the game typically stuttered for me was just before the cut scenes.

Athlon XP 2700+, 1 GB RAM, FX5700 Ultra 128 MB, running game at 1024x768
  • edited March 2007
    Can we get an ETA on the patch for Episode 3?

Been waiting some time so I can play it lag free.
  • edited March 2007
    Finlay decided to bear with the horrid lag and play through Episode 3. It was certainly frustrating to say the least. I'd like to play through it again as I didn't really enjoy it that much due to the frustration of the lag. At least Episode 4 doesn't seem to have the same problems.

Still rather disappointed with the length and stability of Episode 3.
  • edited March 2007
    Anyway to get an in game console or something so I can disable maxes idle walking or something? I'd like to play through 1-4 again over spring break, but 3 is just so unenjoyable for me with the "max walks you lag" bug.

I looked around. I'd kill for a dirty work around.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Hey Roft,

I don't think there's any way to keep Max from walking around in the retail version, sorry. (Interesting idea, though! Maybe we should put that in, in place of Warp Drive...)

The new versions of episodes 2 and 3 are in QA right now, and we're working hard to get them out to you guys as quickly as possible. Obviously we don't want to introduce any new bugs so we want to test them thoroughly before we send them out into the world.
  • edited April 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    The new versions of episodes 2 and 3 are in QA right now, and we're working hard to get them out to you guys as quickly as possible. Obviously we don't want to introduce any new bugs so we want to test them thoroughly before we send them out into the world.

These aren't out yet, are they? Where will they be announced when they are? If I just knew where to look my visits to your, albeit nice, site could go a lot faster... :)
This discussion has been closed.