They Stole Max's Brain: Bug or wierd feature?

*THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOLERS*

I am starting this thread for people to post wieird things that happened in the game while playing the latest episode of Sam & Max. To start it all off, here's something along the lines of what is applicable.

This requires that you progress to the part of the game when the pharaoh takes over and Stinky is arrested. You then use the future vision on the Straight & Narrow and should see an unarticulated model of Grandpa Stinky. You can talk to him and everything, but if you talk to girl Stinky or leave and come back, he will be gone.

Has anybody seen anything like this? If so, what was it and where did it occur? Feel free to discuss whether these are actually bugs or just some Easter egg put in by Telltale.
*ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME YET, DO NOT READ THIS IT CONTAINS SPOILERS!*

Comments

• edited July 2010
    As a sub-topic, how about; Things to do at in on and under the Straight and Narrow:They Stole Max's Brain edition.
  • edited July 2010
    When I was playing through it, I noticed all the forms of max (after Sammun-Mak became ruler) clustered together next to the office.
  • edited July 2010
    It's definitely a bug, since it allows you to skip all ACT III puzzles.
  • edited July 2010
    I have two bugs, though both of them are spoilers so here goes:

Bug 1 (Spoiler for museum puzzle):
    In the museum when Sammun-mak has transformed into the blimp I select the gun and have Sam shoot him as he passes the tapestry. The gun itself is not pointing in the proper direction. It doesn't even look like Sam is holding the gun properly as his hand's position suggest the gun should be pointed forward and up, but the gun is pointed forward and directly down.

Bug 2 (Spoiler for ending section):
    During the fight scene between Sam and Skun-kape if I go into Max's point of view Sammun-mak is not on his throne. From the fighting camera view he's there, but from Max's view he isn't.
  • edited July 2010

Bug 2 (Spoiler for ending section):
    During the fight scene between Sam and Skun-kape if I go into Max's point of view Sammun-mak is not on his throne. From the fighting camera view he's there, but from Max's view he isn't.

I noticed this too. I have the feeling Sammun-Mak just isn't in the future vision.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean in ANY WAY that someone should quote that statement and say that Telltale is lazy.
  • edited July 2010
    I always consider not being able to use the Toys on Sammun-Mak a sign that means he's to powerful to use his own abilities against him.

And for your "Sub-topic" here's that "did you try" for "They Stole Max's Brain! "
  • edited July 2010
    *THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOLERS*

I am starting this thread for people to post wieird things that happened in the game while playing the latest episode of Sam & Max. To start it all off, here's something along the lines of what is applicable.

This requires that you progress to the part of the game when the pharaoh takes over and Stinky is arrested. You then use the future vision on the Straight & Narrow and should see an unarticulated model of Grandpa Stinky. You can talk to him and everything, but if you talk to girl Stinky or leave and come back, he will be gone.

Has anybody seen anything like this? If so, what was it and where did it occur? Feel free to discuss whether these are actually bugs or just some Easter egg put in by Telltale.
    *ONCE AGAIN, IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED THE GAME YET, DO NOT READ THIS IT CONTAINS SPOILERS!*

i have the same thing on my Ps3 O-o i hate bugs =( but i cant wait for episode 4 .. this episode was pretty good (my opinion)
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I always consider not being able to use the Toys on Sammun-Mak a sign that means he's to powerful to use his own abilities against him.
    But it IS possible to use Future Vision on Sammun-Mak before the ending section, isn't it? I remember a vision of him saying "Kill her!"
  • edited July 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    But it IS possible to use Future Vision on Sammun-Mak before the ending section, isn't it? I remember a vision of him saying "Kill her!"

That's true. You can use future vision on Sammun-Mak at any time before the final section. That's where you see him saying that (before he actually says it that is).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.