Puzzle Agent: cursor speed?

edited September 2010 in Game Support
Is there a way to change the cursor speed? I notice as I up the screen rez (to my goal of 1680x1050), the cursor seems to move slower around the screen.

I don't even mind manually editing a file, if you could point me in the right direction. But I don't find anything txt related (ini file, etc), in the install folder.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    There's no such option in the game afaik. It honors the operating systems mouse speed though, so you could increase the speed there.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    The cursor slows down as you increase the screen resolution due to the fact that DirectX is having a harder time keeping up processing everything. Basically, as your system gets more taxed, the cursor is the first obvious sign that it's struggling. You can try reducing the number of programs you have running in the background, but the only surefire fix will be to run at a lower resolution.
  • edited July 2010
    Will wrote: »
    The cursor slows down as you increase the screen resolution due to the fact that DirectX is having a harder time keeping up processing everything. Basically, as your system gets more taxed, the cursor is the first obvious sign that it's struggling. You can try reducing the number of programs you have running in the background, but the only surefire fix will be to run at a lower resolution.

I'm running it on a quad core with 4 gig of memory. With the game running and the regular stuff in the background, I'm not using more than 900 meg of memory and 26% of the processor.

It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd point it out.

Thanks!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    What graphics card do you have?
    Do you have the same resolution in Windows as in the game?
  • edited July 2010
    It's an ATI 5400 with a gig of texture memory. It's not outstanding, but it runs fallout 3, and it's above the requirements of "64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card" that the game lists. (edit: and yes, the desktop is also 16x10.)

And I'm not referring to mouse lag, I'm referring to at a higher screen rez the same amount of mouse movement covers less of the screen. I would expect those to stay near constant. So the higher the screen rez, the more movement is required to reach the edge of the screen.

Again, it's not a huge deal, but a slider would be appreciated in future games. I finished it today and enjoyed it, and hope it sells well enough to warrant future chapters!
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    number9 wrote: »
    I'm running it on a quad core with 4 gig of memory. With the game running and the regular stuff in the background, I'm not using more than 900 meg of memory and 26% of the processor.

It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd point it out.

Thanks!

The cursor doesn't run on a separate core or anything.
  • edited July 2010
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    The cursor doesn't run on a separate core or anything.
    No, but in his last post he clarified it - when the screen has more pixels (i.e. higher resolution) moving the mouse the same distance moves the cursor on-screen the same amount of pixels as at a lower resolution, meaning you have to push the mouse around more to get the cursor across the whole screen.

Then again, I can't think of any program that would do this any different - there's an option for mouse speed in Windows' Control Panel for this very reason, as you have the same problem on the desktop, which hopefully runs at the highest resolution for your screen...

np: Glitterbug - Wide and Near (Privilege (Disc 1))
  • edited July 2010
    There is a very simple solution to this problem. Buy a gaming mouse with built-in sensitivity control :D
  • edited September 2010
    I solved this problem by installing latest nvidia drivers. It was not so easy with laptop (use laptopvideo2go inf-files).
This discussion has been closed.