Please support Netbooks

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I love to be able to play my telltale games on the move as well as at home, but I haven't been able to play any on my netbook since sam and max season 2.
The lowest graphics settings are just unplayable.

If possible, can the graphics settings be tweaked to drop low enough for these lower spec machines?

I see wallace and gromit has been made to work on the (underpowered ;)) IPad, so know it's possible :)

Cheers,

Rob

Comments

• edited July 2010
    The iPad has a similar graphics processor to what's in the iPhone and iPod touch, which is actually fairly powerful. They don't have to suffer along with crappy Intel integrated graphics. Unfortunately improvements in the Telltale engine are making it harder and harder to support Intel graphics chips, because they're just so horribly crippled, almost any improvement that requires decent 3D functionality is going to run into the "Intel graphics can't do this" barrier.

If you want to play games, you need to get hardware that can do it. You can't expect Telltale to have their code sit and molder because "we have to support Intel's horrible, hobbled graphics!" - either Intel will buy nVidia and make this moot (y'know, like AMD/ATI), or they'll just continue to be an embarrassment in the graphics sphere like they've been for the past 10+ years.
  • edited July 2010
    Actually, the "GMA 500" Intel introduced not too long ago is the exact same PowerVR chipset used in the iPhone/iPad, but all other GMA graphics chipsets of their own design are a lot worse.

But don't forget that an iPhone until iPhone 4 has had a much lower resolution than your usual netbook (480x320 compared to 1024x600) and you can see the problems Telltale has with porting their games to the iPad, which has 1024x768...

So even a GMA 500 chipset found in some netbooks isn't really going to cut it, and the userbase is probably a lot lower than on the iPad...

np: Lawrence - Grey Light (Until Then, Goodbye)
  • edited July 2010
    My blood just boils when I hear the words Integrated Graphics... I hate intel integrated chipsets.
  • edited July 2010
    G.byrne wrote: »
    My blood just boils when I hear the words Integrated Graphics... I hate intel integrated chipsets.

Integrated graphics are not -that- bad when they're made by ATI or nVidia, and are even less terrible when they have discrete RAM. Intel's IG chips are, however, as you know, terrible. "Extreme" my ass.
This discussion has been closed.