Tales of Monkey Island - Crasho!

edited July 2010 in Game Support
Hello,

I recently purchased Tales of Monkey Island from Direct2Drive. After activating the game, it does not work. The game attempts to load but there is no title screen or anything it just crashes silently.

My computer's specs are:

Intel Core i7 Q720 CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIdia Quadro FX 880M 1GB
Windows 7 64 bit

I would like either a refund or a fix so that the game will work on my computer.

Thanks and take care.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    If you bought the game through Direct2Drive, you would have to get the refund through them I'm afraid. That said, we may yet be able to get it working. Could you check that your color depth is set to 32bit? After that, could you try updating your DirectX and your graphics drivers?
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Will thank you for those ideas. Direct2Drive has told me that I need to get the refund from TellTale (not surprisingly). I am more interested in getting the game working anyways.

My color depth is set to 32 bit, and my DirectX and video drivers have been freshly updated.

Any other ideas?
    edited July 2010
    Ok, so I'm not too familiar with the D2D activation system. When you double click the icon, what happens? Is there some sort of wrapper or screen that pops up before the game starts?
    edited July 2010
    OH! One surefire way to test to see if it's the game or D2D: download the demo! If the demo crashes on you, then it's definitely something between your computer and the game. If not, then it's likely something on their end.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks Will for the thoughtful answers.

I was able to activate the game which was done the first time I tried to run the program.

Now when I try to run the program it doesn't ask me to activate anymore. I am assuming this is because the activation worked the first time but that could be untrue. I will download the demo as you suggested.
  • edited July 2010
    The demo has the exact same problem as the full game. When I try to run the game... nothing happens.

:(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    kasmeltz wrote: »
    The demo has the exact same problem as the full game. When I try to run the game... nothing happens.

:(

Do or did you have LUA installed?
    Make sure that the environment variable LUA_PATH is not set.
  • edited July 2010
    Whoa that could be a good hint. I DO have Lua installed as I am a software developer and develop some of my code in Lua... I will try that!
  • edited July 2010
    I think it is working now! I haven't gotten very far into the game but at least it does something now!
This discussion has been closed.