wallace n gromit muzzled / lost resort issues

edited July 2010 in Game Support
Had problems with bees and deleted the 2 files in pack file. Now when I start lost resort and muzzled I get sound, a curser and black screen. Bogey man seems to load okay. Need help

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    What happens if you press ALT-Enter during the Black screen?

Please also post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited July 2010
    alt + ent takes me back to the desktop. Attached is the zipped file for the diag. I can faintly see new game and such and when hit it the games sounds like it starts but the screen is still black. thanks
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Card name: ATI Radeon X1270
    Driver Date/Size: 6/14/2007 00:58:54, 2860544 bytes

Normally I would say update your graphics drivers, but since it's a notebook that's more complicated. Gateway doesn't seem to provide any recent ones.

The best option i can think of at the moment is to try ATI Mobility Modder to install a recent driver.

Also try running the DirectX Updater.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for the help but after updating the drivers from ati and downloading and installing the latest from direct x the games still don't work. I read were the X1270 isn't that great when it comes to some of the new games especially the 3d's. It just really bogs my brain that the first and the last episodes will work and the 2nd and 3rd episodes won't. They must have done something graphically different with them.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    roadking04 wrote: »
    It just really bogs my brain that the first and the last episodes will work and the 2nd and 3rd episodes won't. They must have done something graphically different with them.

Yes, something has changed for the later episodes. The thread is even about the same graphics chip series.
    Your best chance is to play on a different computer.

Otherwise you might want to [URL="mailto:support@telltalegames.com?body=Referring to: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18093"]contact support[/URL] via E-Mail for a refund. I already added a Link back to this thread into the E-Mail Body for your convenience.
  • edited July 2010
    Again, thanks for all your help. I emailed them but I bought the game at Best Buy of course they just want to give me another game just like the one I presently have that doesn't work. I did email TellTale customer support, I not sure if there is anything they can or will do. I really just want to be able to play all the episodes.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    roadking04 wrote: »
    Again, thanks for all your help. I emailed them but I bought the game at Best Buy of course they just want to give me another game just like the one I presently have that doesn't work. I did email TellTale customer support, I not sure if there is anything they can or will do. I really just want to be able to play all the episodes.

I see, then the options are limited.

If you want to play the game on that Laptop I don't really have a good solution for you. I wouldn't expect the bug to be tracked down anymore.

You can try "crazy stuff" like running the game under Linux with wine or in VMWare Player. That theoretically has a certain chance to work, although the latter solution wouldn't run well performance wise on that low tech graphics chip.
This discussion has been closed.