When is episode 4 due for release?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
When is it released?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It will be released on a tuesday before the end of the month. That could be the 13th, 20th or 27th but it is highly unlikely to be the 13th, hopefully 20th.

I'm sure it will be well worth the wait :D
  • edited July 2010
    they say one game once a month but they always seem to get later and later
    so i bet the 27th then nothing until september wouldnt suprise me the least
  • edited July 2010
    Why does it have to be on a tuesday? Why would they delay the PC release if they already had it done, just so it would be released at the same day as the PSN release?
  • edited July 2010
    kokoj2 wrote: »
    so i bet the 27th then nothing until september wouldnt suprise me the least

They do try their best to get out an episode every month but with the increase in complexity in the creation of each episode it's only natural that it take longer than a month to finish them off - I'd say it's more like 5 weeks now. Which I guess it why when they announced the season they only gave the month of release for the first 4 episodes and not the finale just in case they do take longer to finish up the preceding episodes than they originally aim for.

The finale will probably not be out until September and if it is then it's likely to be near the beginning of the month so there's really not that much difference in waiting time.
  • edited July 2010
    I say it's coming out on the 27th, but hopefully it'll be out a week sooner. I'd except an update near the 12th to the 16th.
  • edited July 2010
    They seem to get later and later. I seem to remember the last episode of Monkey Island was actually released a week into the next month. Of course it's worth waiting those extra days if it means improved quality.
  • edited July 2010
    kokoj2 wrote: »
    Eulolia wrote: »
    They seem to get later and later. I seem to remember the last episode of Monkey Island was actually released a week into the next month. Of course it's worth waiting those extra days if it means improved quality.

The 5 Tales episodes arrived in the timespan of 5 months (instead of 4, as the monthly release schedule would suggest) - it may be the same with Sam & Max. It means 5 weeks / episode, which is still an insanely tight release schedule.
  • edited July 2010
    They do try their best to get out an episode every month but with the increase in complexity in the creation of each episode it's only natural that it take longer than a month to finish them off - I'd say it's more like 5 weeks now. Which I guess it why when they announced the season they only gave the month of release for the first 4 episodes and not the finale just in case they do take longer to finish up the preceding episodes than they originally aim for.

The finale will probably not be out until September and if it is then it's likely to be near the beginning of the month so there's really not that much difference in waiting time.

im guessing on the 20th :D
  • edited July 2010
    Can't be too far away. Behold!

samandmax-304.png
  • edited July 2010
    6 days or 13 days pleas 6 days
  • edited July 2010
    IT'S THE 20th!!!!

IT'S NEXT WEEK!!!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Thank YOU Telltale for making 304 released before my exams.
    EDIT: I hope the trailer is released soon too!
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 it the begin of the END OF THE WORLD remember episode 5 gust shying
  • edited July 2010
    Excellent! Toy Story 3 on the 19th (UK release) and Sam and Max on the 20th, best two days ever!
  • edited July 2010
    Whut?

I've already seen Toy Story 3 in the bios, and I hardly doubt the UK gets it after NL.

Unless of course you mean you personally go that date, and not that it's released then...
  • edited July 2010
    There's also a new background for the TTG site. Check it out.
  • edited July 2010
    That is the best background image.
  • edited July 2010
    Sammagedon!
  • edited July 2010
    wait its on the 20th??? yess thank GOD im happy now where is the trailer???
  • edited July 2010
    Originally posted by lombre
    Can't be too far away. Behold!
    samandmax-304.png

SPOILERS! SLIGHT SPOILERS! :eek:

Nah, that is a minor spoiler. I am actually interested in the other part. Cards? Possibly the mind reading cards? I'll be happy if the cards are put to good use, but I really hope for a new power. Last month was disappointing for new powers...
  • edited July 2010
    Yup, definitely look like the mindreading cards.

Not sure what the clones would think 'bout, though :).
  • edited July 2010
    Mind reading cards?!?!?! Telltale, I will love you forever if you use these cards for puzzle, and do it well!
    I wonder if Charlie Hotep will be coming back? I heard someone speculate on combining psychic powers on another thread: he said that he'd like to combine the Dummy with the Playing Cards and be able to put thoughts in other people's heads. I gotta say, I would too.
  • edited July 2010
    kane wrote: »
    Splash1, it's the beginning of the END OF THE WORLD. Remember, there's still episode 5. Just saying.

Translated. And I agree, Kane. Samageddon is only the Beginning of the end. Who knows what will come of this? Aside from Telltale, I mean, because obviously they're not telling until it's released and everyobody has played it.
  • edited July 2010

One word. Or rather, one word stretched out for miles on end: Toooooooooyyyyyys.
  • edited July 2010
    Whut?

I've already seen Toy Story 3 in the bios, and I hardly doubt the UK gets it after NL.

Unless of course you mean you personally go that date, and not that it's released then...

Sadly that's the cinema release date, it's a long wait but it's worth it!
  • edited July 2010
    Translated. And I agree, Kane. Samageddon is only the Beginning of the end. Who knows what will come of this? Aside from Telltale, I mean, because obviously they're not telling until it's released and everyobody has played it.

Max goes big in 305, evil Sam zombies in 304, this game is really trying to make New York suffer from their terrible cliche' movies.
  • edited July 2010
    ha the cards back looks different from episode 1 to the icon of episode 4
  • edited July 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    One word. Or rather, one word stretched out for miles on end: Toooooooooyyyyyys.

Toy store!
  • edited July 2010
    That.... was random...
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    SPOILERS! SLIGHT SPOILERS! :eek:

Nah, that is a minor spoiler. I am actually interested in the other part. Cards? Possibly the mind reading cards? I'll be happy if the cards are put to good use, but I really hope for a new power. Last month was disappointing for new powers...

Mind reading cards?!?!?! Telltale, I will love you forever if you use these cards for puzzle, and do it well!
    I wonder if Charlie Hotep will be coming back? I heard someone speculate on combining psychic powers on another thread: he said that he'd like to combine the Dummy with the Playing Cards and be able to put thoughts in other people's heads. I gotta say, I would too.

Yep its the mind reading cards. They confirmed it on the preorder forums it is the main power this episode like rhinoplasty in the last one.
  • edited July 2010
    That...is slightly disappointing. I hoped for a new power as well. :(
    The episode should still be awesome though!:D
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    That...is slightly disappointing. I hoped for a new power as well. :(
    The episode should still be awesome though!:D

well im sure mind reading will be hilarious. reading the minds of people and getting some funny secrets.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm not saying it will be rubbish. I'm just saying that I was hoping for new powers. Oh, yes, mind reading should have funny results.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm sure we'll get a new power. I mean the Clone Sams are stealing Toys all over the place!!! We'll probably get two new toys as well as Mind Reading/Coolest Power Ever.
  • edited July 2010
    Mind control Coolest Power Ever.
  • edited July 2010
    kane wrote: »
    Mind control Coolest Power Ever.

Yeah, mind control. I was hoping that Charlie Ho-Tep will be a way to make people Max's puppets. Oh well, maybe Episode 5 will have it!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.