The Big Sam and Max Favourite Character Poll (Semi-Final 2)

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Doing this slightly early because I'm going away :) Still a chance to vote on the other poll. Sam and Max are CLEARLY the favourite characters in the series so I'm giving the others a chance here...

Vote for your favourite!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I voted for Sal. He's the only non-villian there (as far as we know), and he's just cool.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow, loads of votes for the totally uncharacterised papierwaite. Didn't see that coming. I went for skunkape, for the childlike glee he brings to his work, and the brilliant response he gives when asked about the molepeople in 301 - "They get a free trip to a fabulous vacation planet where they can stay as long as they wish..............I don't kill them" :D
  • edited July 2010
    I went for Jurgen. I just love that character.
  • edited July 2010
    Papierwaite or Sal... Papierwaite or Sal... This isn't easy.
  • edited July 2010
    I went for a long shot between the coolest villain to the coolest NPC. And I picked Sal.
  • edited July 2010
    Gotta be Papierwaite, the accent, the theme at the end of 302. Didn't have to think twice.
  • edited July 2010
    Mr. Spatula. I just never saw him coming.
  • edited July 2010
    Sal
  • edited July 2010
    Sal and Papierwaite are the best but I vote for sal .
  • edited July 2010
    Bosco
  • edited July 2010
    Sal, all the other characters are not ones I'd like to see constantly. Paiperweit is a little bit too evil looking to see opening up a pretzel/hot dog stand on the street. Or maybe that would be perfect for him. Hint hint.
  • edited July 2010
    mathman77 wrote: »
    I voted for Sal. He's the only non-villian there (as far as we know), and he's just cool.

We don't know papierwaite is a villain. Maybe he is fighting for something good, and we only have seen the sacrifices made for that goal. Knowing Telltale, they have some kind of huge plot twist, so he might still be on the side of good.
    Still, I vote for mr. spatula.
  • edited July 2010
    I refuse to vote because I can't choose Sal, Papierwaite and Sammun-Mak at the same time.
  • edited July 2010
    Sal and Papierwaite were VERY tied up, but I picked Sal. His voice and character are just amazing.
  • edited July 2010
    Call me shallow for picking the character with the most eye-pleasing design, but I'm going with Jurgen. That & he's like a possible reference to techno artist DJ Jurgen & he reminds me of some of my highschool friends.
  • edited July 2010
    I picked Papierwaite. I just like him above Skun-ka'pe (he had a better end of episode puzzle in The Penal Zone, plus the music was better) and Sammun-mak was a good "boss" (if I can call them that) but Papierwaite was the first good one, so he goes towards my awesome villain. I like him for other reasons, but he is just my favourite. :)
    Sal, is good, just not as good, Mr Spatula was an odd villain, and Jurgen. I don't know about him....

Please, if you like Sal (I understand he is amazing for most people) don't hurt me for what I said.
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    I picked Papierwaite. I just like him above Skun-ka'pe (he had a better end of episode puzzle in The Penal Zone, plus the music was better) and Sammun-mak was a good "boss" (if I can call them that) but Papierwaite was the first good one, so he goes towards my awesome villain. I like him for other reasons, but he is just my favourite. :)
    Sal, is good, just not as good, Mr Spatula was an odd villain, and Jurgen. I don't know about him....

Please, if you like Sal (I understand he is amazing for most people) don't hurt me for what I said.

I'm afraid I couldn't see the big thing about Sal. Why does everyone think he's so great?
  • edited July 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    I'm afraid I couldn't see the big thing about Sal. Why does everyone think he's so great?

I have no idea either.
  • edited July 2010
    Papierwaite. Thought he was a good character and his voice acting was very fitting and well done.
  • edited July 2010
    Hatley wrote: »

Oh, wow, I thought I was the only one who wasn't bowled over by Sal -- I think he's the most undistinguished and bland personality in the history of Sam & Max games.
  • edited July 2010
    Yay, that is four of us who don't think or know why Sal is awesome!:D
    Wait, that was uncalled for.
  • edited July 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    Yay, that is four of us who don't think or know why Sal is awesome!:D
    Wait, that was uncalled for.

It would be nice if people could EXPLAIN why they think Sal is so great. I found him pretty bland.
  • edited July 2010
    I think it is something to do with the person who voiced him. That's what I heard anyway...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.