Interview with Nicki Rapp, voice of Sammun-Mak

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Haven't had one of these for a while!

Thought you folks would be interested in my interview with the mega enthusiastic Nicki Rapp. She recently voiced Sammun-Mak in They Stole Max's Brain! and Morgan le Flay in Tales of MI.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Neat.
  • edited July 2010
    Quite an interesting interview there. A fair bit of interesting stuff in there that wasn't covered in the ToMI.net interview. Nice work Pinchpenny!
  • edited July 2010
    She'll always be Morgan for me. :o
  • edited July 2010
    You rock! :cool:

Also kudos for the smart identification system for the comments :)
  • edited July 2010
    (sorry for the off topic)
    Also kudos for the smart identification system for the comments :)

That's not Open ID, is it?
    I don't think I have an account there, but it still recognized me, I have my usual avatar even there.
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for all the kind words. Appreciated as always.
    Wizpig wrote: »
    That's not Open ID, is it?
    I don't think I have an account there, but it still recognized me, I have my usual avatar even there.

In Pantagruel's Friend's case, if you've commented on the site before as a guest then it'll remember your input for the fields automatically. It'll then pull your Gravatar from the email address you use. If you don't have a Gravatar then it'll generate an Identicon. If you've registered to the site then it'll use that system, or you can override it by uploading one specifically for your site profile.

The system has some minor bugs which are annoying. Ideally I'd like to bridge the gap between guest commenting and registered users (without turning off the ability to guest comment), but I've yet to find an inbuilt method to my liking. Most of the popular ones like DISQUS or IntenseDebate operate from off site profiles, and I'm not keen on that idea. The best way would be to automatically create a site account for someone who comments as a guest and keep them logged in, but I'm not sure how to implement that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.