They Stole Max Brain IGN review?

SiNSiN
edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
I was wondering, does anyone have an idea why didn't IGN review the latest Sam And Max episode? They used to do so regularly and give impressive review scores. :confused:

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Because YOU haven't!
  • edited July 2010
    Because Steve Butts left IGN and he was the one who ususally reviewed them. After he left I guess nobody else cared about them. The last one he reviewed was The Penal Zone and he gave it a 7.2.
  • edited July 2010
    Why should you read reviews? All they do is kick your favorite movies/games and make them seem not worth playing or watching. IGN does this all the time. It's not worth reading!!!
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Why should you read reviews? All they do is kick your favorite movies/games and make them seem not worth playing or watching. IGN does this all the time. It's not worth reading!!!

Yeah that's true. I dont read ign reviews anymore. The final straw came when they gave Puzzle Agent a 6/10 ಠ_ಠ
  • SiNSiN
    edited July 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    Yeah that's true. I dont read ign reviews anymore. The final straw came when they gave Puzzle Agent a 6/10 ಠ_ಠ

Even though I'm a huge fan of Telltale and their games, I really believe Puzzle Agent did not deserve more than 6/10.
    FearMonkey wrote:
    Because Steve Butts left IGN and he was the one who ususally reviewed them. After he left I guess nobody else cared about them. The last one he reviewed was The Penal Zone and he gave it a 7.2.

Actually, they reviewed Episode 2 as well and gave it a 8.0/10 rating which is an impressive score!

I don't know why everyone is blasting IGN. My opinion is that good scores can increase sales. And IGN is probably the most visited gaming site on the net.
  • edited July 2010
    SiN wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone is blasting IGN. *SNIP*... IGN is probably the most visited gaming site on the net.

See, you just answered your own question. :^) I actually really enjoy reading IGN. Don't always agree with them, but as long as I stop reading when I get to the end of the article, it's a nice time-killer during a slow day at work.
  • edited July 2010

Its a fair score. personly I would give it some where between 7.5 and 8.5, but I can see why some people will not like it.
  • edited July 2010

I thought IGN named it "Game of the Year" or something like that.
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I thought IGN named it "Game of the Year" or something like that.

It won e3 2010's best iphone game... Still doesn't explain the review score...

Link: IGN's best of e3 2010 awards

http://games.ign.com/articles/109/1094418p1.html
  • edited July 2010
    Doesn't really look like Puzzle Agent had much competition.And besides that, these are E3 awards. Those tend to be a bit scatter-shot.

Edit: And after reading that review I have to agree with many of the criticisms (outside of the Layton thing as I haven't played it) if not the score.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.