NO Telltale games work anymore

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I can't get ANY telltale games to launch as of 5 days ago. I'm running Vista x64, a GTX 260 with the latest drivers, and the most up-to-date version of directx.

When I try to launch any telltale game, like Texas Hold'em, TOMI, Wallace & Gromit, Strongbad, Sam & Max, nothing happens.

I run in 32-bit color mode.

I've tried other people's prefs.prop files, and that doesn't work. In the case of Telltale Texas Hold'em, the windowed mode launches, but it remains black and motionless until I kill the program.

This is extremely frustrating, as I've gotten halfway through Strong Bad #2 and now I can't play it anymore.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Have you tried deleting prefs.prop and setting the games up from scratch?
  • edited July 2010
    What are you peoples doing to your computers!!!??
  • edited July 2010
    I've tried deleting the prefs.prop, copying other prefs.prop, deleting the entire game and reinstalling, but none of that worked.

The only thing that worked was reverting to an older version of windows. There's something seriously wrong with these games.
  • edited July 2010
    i dont think its the games
  • edited July 2010
    No other games had the same problems, so I would definitely say it's the Telltale games that made me revert to an older version.
  • edited July 2010
    SKYY wrote: »
    No other games had the same problems, so I would definitely say it's the Telltale games that made me revert to an older version.
    Did you install LUA on your machine, or did something else (game or other program) come with a LUA installer?

See if something has set the environment variables LUA_PATH and/or LUA_DEV on your machine, and if so, delete them.

np: Raw Hedroom - Lauryn's Tokyo Bananas (Trapez 100)
This discussion has been closed.