Sam & Max Season 3: "Could not initialize Direct3D"

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I'm having an issue with launching Sam and Max 303. I immediately get the error message "Could not initialize Direct3D" and the game will not launch. I have an ATI Radeon 4850 video card and I have reinstalled the most recent drivers as well as the most recent version of DirectX. Looking at solutions others have found, I don't have a second monitor to disable and I'm running in 32-bit color. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game itself. Past episodes (301, all of seasons 1 & 2, the Monkey Island games) have run on this computer without issue and I can play other more graphically intensive games (Team Fortress 2) as well. The problem seems to be this game alone. Please help!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    What operating system are you running?
  • edited July 2010
    Windows XP SP3 32-bit.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Please post a dxdiag log. You can also compare the checksum of your installer (SamMax303_PC_Setup.exe) to the one in this thread using hashcheck.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
This discussion has been closed.