Mass-Install/Uninstall ideas

edited July 2010 in Game Support
(Just something that popped into my head earlier today)

As I was browsing my Add/Remove Programs dialog, I noticed that a good chunk of the uninstall entries were Telltale games, and I thought to myself: Hm, there's a lot of individual episodes here. How many now? Sam & Max has 6+5+5 episodes (Pending Season 3's completion), ToMI has 5, SBCG4AP has 5, W&G has 4, Bone has 2, and then a few singles like Puzzle Agent, Texas Hold'em, CSI. That's 35 individual game installs right there.

It would be nice if Telltale had some sort of unified installer available--something that can streamline installs of entire seasons, or Telltale's entire back-catalog. Not as a replacement for the existing format (as the single-installer setup is appropriate for active seasons), but something to enhance it. I think it would be hella convenient to have a single utility that connects to TTG.com to get the list of games you've purchased, then gives you a tree with checkboxes to select which games you want to install, hit Next, and it downloads and installs them all in one fell swoop. Uninstall is similar, in that it provides you with a tree of what's installed, and you uncheck what you want to remove.

I might be able to make a mockup or a proof-of-concept. Anyone know if the episode installers have commandline switches?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Here we go.

ttinstallerpoc0.png
    ttinstallerpoc1.png

Extremely barebones, but it does in fact send my username/password to the Past Purchases page and pulls the list of games. It takes the single game name string (For example: "Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone") and breaks it into Series (The only thing I define explicitly), Season, and Episode. Only other thing it currently grabs is order number/date.

I believe my code will handle single-season groups (SBCG4AP/W&G/ToMI), MAYBE Bone, but unfortunately, since I have yet to purchase any of them, I don't know yet.
This discussion has been closed.