Sam & Max Season Two Wii port spotted at GameStop

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Thought i'd never find it. (Just wanted to see if I could find one on stores rather than online, i'm not buying it I already have the PC version :rolleyes:)

Pic below:

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Argh. I have the season 2 Wii port. It's CRAP. It's laggy as hell and the ending craps out if you have the subtitles on. Not to mention the ending was changed completely. I know, because I looked it up on YouTube before getting it to work on the Wii, and found out that they replaced the whole ending scene with black and white still clips. What the hell was that bullshit?

Totally getting a computer copy and setting the Wii one on fire or something.

...sorry for the RAEG, but that just ticked me off completely and figured I'd drop a warning for anyone else planning on getting it.
  • edited July 2010
    Argh. I have the season 2 Wii port. It's CRAP. It's laggy as hell and the ending craps out if you have the subtitles on. Not to mention the ending was changed completely. I know, because I looked it up on YouTube before getting it to work on the Wii, and found out that they replaced the whole ending scene with black and white still clips. What the hell was that bullshit?

...sorry for the RAEG, but that just ticked me off completely and figured I'd drop a warning for anyone else planning on getting it.

Yup heard about those problems too... sorry to hear that though :( , a lot of people have been blasting the hell out of this port for those reasons too
  • edited July 2010
    Well, I'll be kind and blame Atari for all the baloney, and not Telltale. Telltale is awesome, Atari are the ones who suck. So there. ^_^ Honestly, the only reason I got the Wii port in the first place is because my computer is ancient and couldn't even properly run the demo for Ice Station Santa. Eek.
  • edited July 2010
    I also heard this version of Season 2 is extremely rare. (Dont know if claim is true i just heard something like that somewhere else.)
  • edited July 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    I also heard this version of Season 2 is extremely rare. (Dont know if claim is true i just heard something like that somewhere else.)

Atari sells it on their website.
  • edited July 2010

Replaced ending with black and white clips? what do you mean and for what episode?
  • edited July 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Replaced ending with black and white clips? what do you mean and for what episode?

On ep 205... Remember Abe and Sybil's wedding at the end credits? They replaced the video from the PC version with black and white pictures from the video on the Wii version. @_@
  • edited July 2010
    On ep 205... Remember Abe and Sybil's wedding at the end credits? They replaced the video from the PC version with black and white pictures from the video on the Wii version. @_@

So instead of a video of the wedding, it was balck and white photos of the wedding? why would they change that?
  • edited July 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    So instead of a video of the wedding, it was balck and white photos of the wedding? why would they change that?

I'd like to know that, too. It doesn't make any damn sense.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd like to know that, too. It doesn't make any damn sense.

I think someone at TTG posted somewhere why they did that, but I can't remember who it was, in what thread it was, or what they said. :o
  • edited July 2010
    I think someone at TTG posted somewhere why they did that, but I can't remember who it was, in what thread it was, or what they said. :o

Found it... *phew* took me a while though!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15880
  • edited July 2010
    Found it... *phew* took me a while though!

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15880

I thought it had been Will, but wasn't sure, and now I know why I didn't remember the reason behind it, because there was no specific reason given. :p
  • edited July 2010
    Ah, now I see why. Still sucks, though. Oh well.
  • edited July 2010
    is the game disk one layer or dual layer ?
  • edited July 2010
    If you mean the Wii version, it doesn't say anything on the box about being dual layer, though I honestly don't know what that would mean.
  • edited July 2010
    If you mean the Wii version, it doesn't say anything on the box about being dual layer, though I honestly don't know what that would mean.
    if you look at the other side of the disk in the center you will see some text around the circle and dual layer disk is like two disk at one
  • edited July 2010

Think of dual layer DVDs as DVDs with extra data written between the lines. It almost doubles the capacity of a normal DVD.
  • edited July 2010
    if you look at the other side of the disk in the center you will see some text around the circle and dual layer disk is like two disk at one

Well, it's got some coding around the middle, like IFPI LL08 and a bunch of other random junk like that, but nothing saying 'dual layer.'

Either way, it really doesn't change anything. Though for some reason, continuing this kinda pointless conversation is amusing me greatly. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    I found it on online in greece from plaisio and i order it
  • edited July 2010
    I found it on online in greece from plaisio and i order it

Hmm interesting... Though its rarity in stores is questionable. Went to a different GameStop a few days ago when I bought Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker so I decided to check for a Season 2 Wii port just for the heck of it, i found nothing.
  • edited July 2010
    I would like to point out that I have been saying that the ports were terrible for awhile... Now maybe you'll start believing me.
    I would also like to point out that Atari has nothing to do with the game's quality..... they just distribute it.
  • edited July 2010
    Still... Everyone is blaming Atari for that mess of a port.
  • edited July 2010
    I found my copy on the bargain rack at a local Wal-Mart. And the only reason I'm blaming Atari (even though they probably had nothing to do with it) is because I don't wanna be mad at Telltale because they're otherwise so freaking awesome, ya know?

To be honest, I think it would have been better off for everyone if they had just scrapped the Wii port when they found out about the problem. People would have been upset, yes, but I don't think they would have been quite as angry to find out that it was so the company wouldn't be releasing an inferior product. ...or at least, that's if people are rational. I dunno. Oh well. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    It's not really that bad, they cut out a couple lines of dialogue and some motion from the credits sequence, and the game chugs in places, big deal. I think a port that is at least 80% as good as the base platform is well worth releasing.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.