ToMI - Question

edited July 2010 in Game Support
Hi,

I was just wondering, do i have to have an internet connection to play this?

As sometimes i dont have an internet connection that i can use.

So i would like to know if there is a way of playing it without logging into my telltale account?

Many Thanks

Comments

• edited July 2010
    if you download it with a connection and start it up and sign in it will still play when you lose connection.
  • edited July 2010
    THANKS! Is there somewhere that tells me the controls for the game? ot r is it just a mouse game? becuase in other moneky games you could choose to pick up stuff, open, close, examine etc.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2010
    There are basically two control schemes:

- Click-and-drag: an update on point-and-click where you control the character by holding the mouse button and moving the mouse (slightly) in a direction to see him walk in that direction. The other mouse button makes him run. You can still click on items, but there is no verb interface and they will be picked up automatically (once you click on them, of course) and added to your inventory if necessary. To use an item, you only have to select it from your inventory; your mouse cursor will turn into an icon version of the item and clicking on another item or person will make the item interact with that other item or person if possible. Additionally, there is a way to combine two items in your inventory.

- Keyboard control: you move Guybrush around using the keyboard arrows or WASD and you click on and use items with the mouse.

I didn't use click-and-drag when I played the first episode (it takes a while to get used to it), but I started using it on the second episode and ended up loving it and never went back to the keyboard.

To get an idea of how the controls work, you should download the demo.
    Click here for the PC demo and here for the Mac demo.
  • edited July 2010
    You only need to register online once. After that offline can always be used for the full game...
  • edited July 2010
    mdwain31 wrote: »
    THANKS! Is there somewhere that tells me the controls for the game? ot r is it just a mouse game? becuase in other moneky games you could choose to pick up stuff, open, close, examine etc.
    The controls are told in the 'tutorial' at the beginning. But it really is simple. The Verb interface has gone, so you just click on items to use them. The action is automatically chosen. And as Macfly77 said, you can use the keyboard to move around, or Click&Drag (it sort of simulates an analogue stick with your mouse).

As for the online thing. Aside from downloading it, you have two options for registering.
    1)Entering the product code which can be found under the "My games" section where you downloaded the game from.
    2)Logging in with your TTG account.

These only need to be done once per episode.
This discussion has been closed.