Season 3 episode icons

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
I've been wondering this since 302 came out... Why does my 301 game icon (left) look different from the one on Telltale's site (right) and the icons for the other episodes? Is it like that for everyone? Is it just a Mac thing? :confused:
301icon.pngsamandmax-301.png

Comments

• edited July 2010
    thom-22 wrote: »
    I've been wondering this since 302 came out... Why does my 301 game icon (left) look different from the one on Telltale's site (right) and the icons for the other episodes? Is it like that for everyone? Is it just a Mac thing? :confused:

Because now you put him in the Penal Zone for good :D

No, seriously, I'm pretty sure it's just for macs.
  • edited July 2010
    yeah that was a mac thing, I ended up downloading both at first and confirm it
  • edited July 2010
    Thanks for confirming that. I wonder why they did an alternative icon for just one episode on just one platform? Maybe an oversight but you never know.
  • edited July 2010
    Did anyone else notice that this Mac icon is also the icon used for the Windows installer, even though the installed game has the other icon that matches?
  • edited July 2010
    The Icon for the Mac version is actually an earlier version of it, I remember seeing the Icon on the website before The Penal Zone was released.
  • edited July 2010
    Are any of the other Season 3 icons after Episode 1 different on Mac? I'd download them myself but something might explode.
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Are any of the other Season 3 icons after Episode 1 different on Mac? I'd download them myself but something might explode.

No, the other two look like the ones I've seen posted on the site.

tdpwin.png
  • edited July 2010
    It's the HIGHWAY TO THE PENAL ZONE! #IWasCompelled

It's not really a noticeable difference. I didn't even realize the difference until now, and I'm pretty picky about those things.
  • edited July 2010
    brunner wrote: »
    It's not really a noticeable difference. I didn't even realize the difference until now, and I'm pretty picky about those things.

Not noticeable? :confused: It's a totally different design.
  • edited July 2010

Well, on the actual Desktop the icons are usually pretty small, making them difficult to notice.
  • edited July 2010
    That's true, it's less noticeable at 64x64. When I have a small set of files with really nice-looking icons, I like to set the icon view to a larger size. :D What's also weird is that if you show them in list view with 16x16 icons, the 301 icon is a diamond, not a circle like the other two. And the 32x32 member has something else going on:

301icns.png
  • edited July 2010

He didn't say it wasn't noticeable, he said he didn't notice it.
  • edited July 2010
    That icon was in the reviewbuild of the Penal Zone for PC, but was changed for full release. So, take that as you will.
  • edited July 2010
    That icon was in the reviewbuild of the Penal Zone for PC, but was changed for full release. So, take that as you will.

Okay, so it sounds an oversight that the Mac 301 icon never got updated to the new design. Too bad it's not like a stamp where an early run got printed backwards or something and they subsequently became worth thousands of dollars to collectors. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.