The Rubber Pants Commandos!

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
All right, who's tired of their absence? I know I am! I was expecting to see them in Season 2 Episode 2 but NNNOOOOO! You give Sam and Max back their guns and witty banter and up the gritty surrealism but apparently a little fanservice is too much to ask for!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Dont get me wrong but i'm little scared to see how they will translate into the telltale version.

I got to be honest i really really dont like Telltales take on flint paper, they made him into this caricature of himself with big oversized eyes and losing that clint eastwood/jack nicholson edge. He barely resembles the comic version. But this is the style they were going for with the humans and the comic book version would've stuck out like a sore thumb.

I also hated his voice and he's no where near as crazy and violent as the comic book version, no knife sticking out of his back.

Sorry rant over! i love telltale but that was a character that i didn't feel they did justice for.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd imagine if they did include the RPC the babies would look like the ones from 302 and the only one with any dialogue or design problems would be Seargent Blipp.
  • edited July 2010
    To me they're just really, really, really weird and out of place overall... Oh well xD they're still cool if you think about it.
  • edited July 2010
    To be honest, I really hope they don't turn up...
  • edited July 2010
    Flint Paper needs to be more badass
  • edited July 2010
    I also hated his voice and he's no where near as crazy and violent as the comic book version, no knife sticking out of his back.

I distinctly remember a Season 3 cutscene with a knife sticking out of his back.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    I distinctly remember a Season 3 cutscene with a knife sticking out of his back.

:eek: What where??
  • edited July 2010
    1st episode, future vision him when he is in Stinky's
  • edited July 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    1st episode, future vision him when he is in Stinky's

oh yeah now I remember... I thought it was something else, heh heh. It was an axe though and since they said knife i thought it was another cutscene :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010

lol does he only where it on special occasions?
  • edited July 2010

I dunno about that, but I recently rewatched some of the special features that came with the cartoon series, and there was a trailer for Season 2 that showed a silluette of Flint with a knife in his back. Though I don't recall that ever actually happening in season 2.

But on the topic at hand, I would love to see the Rubber Pants Commandos show up at some point. I dunno how they'd do it, but it would be awesome. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    The Rubber Pants Commandos are like Deus Ex Machinas, They show up to save the day when there is no hope, Or at least that is what it was like in the Cartoon show
  • edited July 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    :eek: What where??

Oh wait, I was mistaken. He has a knife in his back during the Sam & Max Season 2 cinematic teaser on the DVD. :(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.