The Big Sam and Max Favourite Character Poll (Bonus Round)

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
It's the decision you never wanted to make.

Characters in the final:
Bosco
COPS
Flint Paper
Sal
Papierwaite
Jurgen

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Holy shit, I don't know.
  • edited July 2010
    Really hard, but I went with Max, he makes me laugh a lot. Sam is just as funny, but I prefer Max. :) I do like Sam this season a bit more, but sometimes he seems out of character. For me anyway.
  • edited July 2010
    Sam for me, no doubt. Max is an immensely likable violence machine with hilarious snappy lines, but as a character, he's rather one-dimensional. Sam has much more depth - he's always capable of surprises. See S3E3 :cool:
  • edited July 2010
    Uh hmm eh ahh oh... I can't choose... Dammit I just can't @_@
  • edited July 2010
    Yeesh, seriously? 6 to 13 for votes? Ah well, I guess I always kind of knew people were moreso fans of Max then they are of Sam.
  • edited July 2010
    Mother of God, help me decide....
  • edited July 2010
    Sam is more of the straight man while max is iconic..... but sam funny as hell in a different way..... I pick sam. Because his "spilt milk" "no no for the love of god no" and "point and click adventure games" always make me crack up.
  • edited July 2010
    I adore Sam above all else. Max is great, don't get me wrong, but there's just something to Sam that draws me to him. Maybe it's because personality-wise, I'm more of a Max, so Sam appeals more to me, I dunno. ^_^
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with Evil Monkey that Sam is the straight man, it's like choosing between the ventriloquist and the dummy. In the end I chose Max
  • edited July 2010
    Max, I just love his irreverent one liner responses
  • edited July 2010
    Sam is my favorite and always will be. BUT you can't separate Sam and Max. Oh no. Those are inseparable (And I should list a ton of ways of how inseparable they are, but my Second Language Vocabulary is somewhat reaching it's limits).

It's unfair because MOST of the time Sam is the Straight Man to Max, but some times is the other way, just depending of the writing. But more in the Games than the Cartoon or the Comics, which appear the two are equals. And, if Max's not okay, Sam can't function and Max also if Sam's missing.

In other words, while I like Sam a lot, I have to admit you cannot separate them and Sam lose most of the time the jokes because the Games has to make him the straight man most of the time for his position as player character.

What the *** I'm saying? yeezz
  • edited July 2010
    Sam's my favourite. No contest.
  • edited July 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Sam is my favorite and always will be. BUT you can't separate Sam and Max. Oh no. Those are inseparable (And I should list a ton of ways of how inseparable they are, but my Second Language Vocabulary is somewhat reaching it's limits).

It's unfair because MOST of the time Sam is the Straight Man to Max, but some times is the other way, just depending of the writing. But more in the Games than the Cartoon or the Comics, which appear the two are equals. And, if Max's not okay, Sam can't function and Max also if Sam's missing.

In other words, while I like Sam a lot, I have to admit you cannot separate them and Sam lose most of the time the jokes because the Games has to make him the straight man most of the time for his position as player character.

Sounds like a massive Case of co-dependency, doesn't it, StrongBrush1... I mean GinnyN.
  • edited July 2010
    Vote while you wait! I chose Max just but I think that the two are inseparable as a pair.
  • edited July 2010
    D: All of the above
  • edited July 2010
    Even though I chose max your very right. The two can't function without each other and part of the character is lost without the other. they are very co-dependant and cant be Sam or Max without the other. It's Sam and Max, not sam or max
    GinnyN wrote: »

• edited July 2010
    A very tough choice, but in the end I chose Max. He cracks me up, little buddy.
  • edited July 2010
    Very tricky choice to make there, but I always look forward to what Max is going to say next. I find Max to be hilarious, so my choice here goes to him.
  • edited July 2010
    WOW!
    I didn't except to see so many votes for Sam!
    This is the best day of my life!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Sam is just so darn adorable this season.
  • edited July 2010
    Ummmm.... uhhh.... Dammit, why did you post this poll if you know nobody can chose?
  • edited July 2010
    Ummmm.... uhhh.... Dammit, why did you post this poll if you know nobody can chose?

As of this posting, 83 individuals have chosen :P And truthfully, it's split about 50/50. They're equally important. You can't have Sam without Max and vice versa.
  • edited July 2010
    I voted for Max, I've just always liked his unpredictability. But it was probably one of the hardest decisions I've ever made.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.