Ever Miss A Puzzle Because You Were Stuck On Another Solution?

This is a thread devoted to every time any one of us has gone in the wrong direction for a puzzle solution, only to realize our mistake after checking a walkthrough or sleeping on it. Just remember to be specific about which games these puzzles are from, and feel free to hide what you like in a spoiler tag. I'll start.

Moai Better Blues
I didn't heat up Glen Miller's teapot,
because I thought the Wind Moai
was supposed to provide the train whistle.
I didn't use the red slime snail on Stinky's gong,
because I was trying
to put it in Mr. Spatula's washing machine to shake off the ear-shaped
shell.

They Stole Max's Brain
I didn't use the audio tour on Sal,
because I thought T. Palinus was what got rubbed on the Gorilla's face in the vision of the future.
I didn't have Credit Card Max attack the pyramid of corndogs,
because I thought I had to swap him out with Frankie's card.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    In "They Stole Max's Brain!", I spent a good amount of time trying to solve the
    the credit card puzzle by switching Max with Franke's card
    . I was a little frustrated when the real solution hit me.
  • edited July 2010
    Kroms wrote: »
    In "They Stole Max's Brain!", I spent a good amount of time trying to solve the
    the credit card puzzle by switching Max with Franke's card
    . I was a little frustrated when the real solution hit me.

I did that, too. I also spent a good amount of time in the museum, trying to get through a door you couldn't go through.
  • edited July 2010
    In the Penal Zone, when you have to give the helmet to Flint, I was foccused on make naughty things in Momma'Boscco Lab. I think it was Max who say something that brights my mind as a toy for a rabbity thing.
  • edited July 2010
    In Beyond the alley of the dolls, I thought
    I had to use Charlie Ho-Tep on Harry and Superball to make them say the correct words for the Seance
Sign in to comment in this discussion.