Problems with TOMIE5

edited July 2010 in Game Support
Has there ever been an update for the fifth episode of TOMI?

I never finished it so far because i found it somehow boring and now wanted to but as soon as i want to enter the portal in order to exit the afterworld/abyss/whatever it freezes my MBP (hard reset to exit is needed and i tried it for three times).

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    usually a hard lock at a specific point in the game means there was a corrupt download in some way. Try redownloading/reinstalling.
  • edited July 2010
    I can't test this right now due to the low bandwidth/balance - low signal for tethering - i'm having here right now but shouldn't a corrupt download be identified by the checksum before decompression already?

It seems like a bug to me which might be related to the hardware/os/driver combination. Anyway i'll give it a try once things have improved again, although this will take some time.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    I've certainly seen cases of this sort of corruption even after we started using the checksums. Though it could be related to hardware/os stuff, it tends to be more rare that you can make it to a specific part of the game and then it suddenly and consistently craps out on you. Usually if there is a hardware issue it just won't work at all. The odds that you could have an unhappy driver that didn't affect any of the previous episodes are a little low.
  • edited July 2010
    Okay, i'll give it a try but it'll take some time.

Thanks

*singing*
    Hey awe yeah, how long
    I guess I oughta walk away
    Hey awe yeah, so long
    What’cha gonna do today
This discussion has been closed.