Disabling the splash screen on close?

edited July 2010 in Game Support
The splash screen that pops up when I quit a game; is there any way to turn that off?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    The splash screen that pops up when I quit a game; is there any way to turn that off?
    I haven't tried it, but does it show up if you close the game with Alt+F4?

EDIT: Yes, it shows up, but if you keep your fingers over Alt and F4 you can just press a second time...

np: Autechre - O=0 (Oversteps)
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe so, but that doesn't make it less annoying. :(
  • edited July 2010
    I heard buying every thing in the Telltale Store (twice!) helps.
  • edited July 2010
    I don't really need to get rid of it, but I agree that this is a very confusing and annoying screen. I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to include it?

It's very strange that you explicitly quit the game, the window closes, you see your desktop... and then a new window pops up as if you've started it again? Except that it's not even a launcher. You can't do anything with the window except close it. WTF? The user said quit. Then quit already, and stop popping up new windows! Very spyware-esque if you ask me.

(I also think the launcher window at start-up is rather superfluous after you've used it to authenticate the game the first time. But at least that window pops up when you try to start the game, not after you've quit it!)

I'd be interested to hear what the designers/developers had in mind when they decided to include this window? Didn't you find it confusing and unnecessary?
  • edited July 2010
    Soultaker wrote: »
    I also think the launcher window at start-up is rather superfluous after you've used it to authenticate the game the first time. But at least that window pops up when you try to start the game, not after you've quit it!

Because my DNS resolution is pretty slow, it takes a good, long while for that first window to come up at all. I don't mind that window so much, but I do take issue with the on-quit one.
This discussion has been closed.