What Makes 304 The Best Episode Ever

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
WARNING: SPOILERS!
Please play the episode first!
While in the cloning control center (the spot with 3 tunnels) look a little more to the left right next to the tunnel that leads to BoscoTech. Wouldn't you know, it's a dispenser! link that is in front of spoilers :(
Click it once to examine it. Then, click it 8 more times (ala TF2) and get your surprise. :cool:

Telltale, I officially love you.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I know, right? It's great to see Telltale and Valve, my two favorite video game companies EVER, working together like this. First the TF2 items, now this comes out to celebrate the Engie update. Guys, this is why you guys are awesome. This takes fan interaction and... Just, THIS IS AWESOME. More companies should interact with their customers (and eachother!) like this. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Yadda wrote: »
    I know, right? It's great to see Telltale and Valve, my two favorite video game companies EVER, working together like this. First the TF2 items, now this comes out to celebrate the Engie update. Guys, this is why you guys are awesome. This takes fan interaction and... Just, THIS IS AWESOME. More companies should interact with their customers (and eachother!) like this. :)

Shame they didn't do much ala Left 4 Dead in this episode... but we can hope!
  • edited July 2010
    seriously, you clicked that thing 8 whole freaking times? :p I really wanna do that now though.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, technically 9 times.
  • edited July 2010
    That was definitely worth replaying the opening, haha. I noticed it the first time around, but I didn't try clicking it again. And again. And again.
  • edited July 2010
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who clicked in 9 times.
  • edited July 2010
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who clicked in 9 times.

My brothers were actually watched me play, and I hit it once and then they said "Upgrade it! Upgrade it!" so I got it that way :D
  • edited July 2010
    The tenth click is awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    "Max! Stop sappin' mah dispenser!"
    "What's with the southern drawl, Sam?"
    "Sorry. Don't know what came over me."
  • edited July 2010
    u guys r lucky T-T i have to wait
    PSN is slow today
    im using PS3
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Shame they didn't do much ala Left 4 Dead in this episode... but we can hope!

I spotted at least one instance of "Run or Shoot!?"
  • edited July 2010
    NEED A DISPENSER HERE!

I love tf2 and Sam and Aax. When I saw the engineer dispense I came.

Now if their had been a sentry gun....

Although, why couldn't they make it a strictly vocal easter egg. The fact that sam hit the thing with a wrench made players who don't know tf2 swinging away with no knowledge of the joke.

Good thing I'm a nerd!
  • edited July 2010
    Good thing I have good taste in multiplayer online video games!

Fixed.
  • edited July 2010
    There were sooo many references in this episode. I counted at least two Star Trek references besides what you've already mentioned.
  • edited July 2010
    I loved that reference! It was a good thing I just kept clicking it hoping it'd upgrade but I got something even better :D

Also the reference to Ed Wood's "Pull the string!" line from Glen or Glenda was brilliant!
  • edited July 2010
    Also, I'm too lazy to be bothered, someone spoiler box what happens when you keep hitting the wrench? Please?
  • edited July 2010
    Banang comes out of the dispenser and Sam is all like "8D" but then Max unplugs it and Sam is all like "D8"
  • edited July 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    Banang comes out of the dispenser and Sam is all like "8D" but then Max unplugs it and Sam is all like "D8"

That is fantastic.
  • edited July 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »

Only after
    you click it again after you see the Banang
  • edited July 2010
    And he unplugs it as Sam is reaching for it. xD
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, did any of you also catch the part where
    while you interrogate Stinky you ask her to make you a sandwich, but you can't eat it because the Heavy bursts in through the window and takes the sandwich, and then the clones get inside and then you lose the game?
  • edited July 2010
    ...Don't do that. >>;

No, really, someone might believe you since the dispenser thing is true, or they might try that and find out it's not true, so they'll assume the dispenser thing isn't true and miss out on something awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Oh, did any of you also catch the part where
    while you interrogate Stinky you ask her to make you a sandwich, but you can't eat it because the Heavy bursts in through the window and takes the sandwich, and then the clones get inside and then you lose the game?

Or what about
    when you shoot max and it turns out he was actually a spy all along? I LOL's when Sam was crying and he got back stabbed because the spy was using cloak and dagger.
  • edited July 2010
    There is also a VERY obscure Mystery Science Theater 3000 reference. (I think, I might have misheard it)
    When you finally obtain the destroyer and use it on the tentacles in the lab it says 'I am the Cthuthonic Destroyer, please give my best wishes to everybody!' which is a reference to a very old skit on MST3K where the two robots, Crow and Servo, construct a toy robot that only walks and says 'I am the Atomic Powered robot, please give my best wishes to everybody!'
  • edited July 2010
    Well, blame me, I guess that's the only hotspot in the game I didn't click (didn't notice it at all).

Ehh... next playthrough...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.