Just found out who Noorington is(no spoilers please)

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Everything I thought I knew about the 5th episode has been shattered.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    ...You think that it's shattered NOW? Wait until you find out who 'The Master' is.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm fearing for it, despite having an idea or two.
  • edited July 2010
    ...Okay, I'm just going to say it now... All your ideas are wrong. I don't care what they are, they're ALL. WRONG. They don't drop a SINGLE hint towards this in the entire season.
  • edited July 2010
    Well dang
  • edited July 2010
    I'll amend that by saying that The Master does appear before it's revealed that s/he is The Master, but you'll never guess.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, yes. HeroicJay is right... But really... There's no way you'll know unless someone tells you. And even then, you probably won't believe them.
  • edited July 2010
    Max: ...is it Soda...?
    Sam: No.
  • edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »

That. Was. GREAT.

"is it the Soda-" "No. Don't even say that."
  • edited July 2010
    slnfksnfjsbklfnklsabfjsk;abfj;sbfie;ufbejkdsfbseikifkj
  • edited July 2010
    Lemme guess. You found out who 'The Master' is.
  • edited July 2010
    That. Was. GREAT.

And yeah, that was a great bit there
  • edited July 2010
    Yadda wrote: »
    Lemme guess. You found out who 'The Master' is.

Yeah, that was pretty close to my reaction. Also finished the game, but that wasn't nearly as mindblowing as the Master's identity.
  • edited July 2010
    Haha. My reaction was this:
    Another scene at the docks with Sal? Hm. Well, might as well distract the Sam clones. Time to use ol' Charlie Ho--ooOOOOLY CRAP WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!
  • edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »

I must have missed that part. Where was that?

Side note, when ending conversation with Sal for the first time, I accidently skipped a bit of talking and Sam yells "What the hell are you talking about!?"

What did max say?
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah. Have to give major props to Telltale to being able to pull a completely random mindscrew like that. I doubt there is a single person who could've guessed that
    Charlie Ho-Tep
    was the Master.

And looking back at my guess as to who it was, I was right on a few things. He knew about the toys, had access to high-level technology, and was genre savvy(picked Sam because his mind was "malleable"). But this.....just..wow.
  • edited July 2010
    I must have missed that part. Where was that?

Side note, when ending conversation with Sal for the first time, I accidently skipped a bit of talking and Sam yells "What the hell are you talking about!?"

What did max say?

Max says something about Sal
    falling victim to their schemes
    or something like that.
    And he did.
    Oops.
  • edited July 2010
    I just remember thinking that I just know somebody will have called this due to
    him being in the villain lineup
    and that they'll be gloating soon. To my surprise, a lack of gloats.
  • edited July 2010
    He's in the lineup? Guess I missed him.
  • edited July 2010
    That. Was. GREAT.
    Hehe. The other reference to much debated theories here was great too, although I can't recall Max's reply.

"Do you think we will meet the Devil again? After all, it's called the Devil's Toybox."
  • edited July 2010
    Hehe. The other reference to much debated theories here was great too, although I can't recall Max's reply.

"Do you think we will meet the Devil again? After all, it's called the Devil's Toybox."

"Maybe his agent is still holding out for more." :D
  • edited July 2010
    Doctor Norrington is kind of bossy guy, pushes everyone around. I should write a protest.
  • edited July 2010
    haha. My reaction was this:
    another scene at the docks with sal? Hm. Well, might as well distract the sam clones. Time to use ol' charlie ho--ooooooly crap what the hell is going on?!
    kill it with fire!
  • edited July 2010
    I was about to get a drink when that happened and I was like "Hooooooooold the phone, that's not right...
    what's with all the Chthulhu?
  • edited July 2010
    I was about to get a drink when that happened and I was like "Hooooooooold the phone, that's not right...
    what's with all the Chthulhu?
  • edited July 2010
    ...Okay, I'm just going to say it now... All your ideas are wrong. I don't care what they are, they're ALL. WRONG. They don't drop a SINGLE hint towards this in the entire season.

there was a pretty big hint if you use the right toy of power on norrington
  • edited July 2010
    there was a pretty big hint if you use the right toy of power on norrington

Which toy was that?
  • edited July 2010
    "Maybe his agent is still holding out for more." :D

How fitting, considering who Satan seems to be an impression of, hehehe.
  • edited July 2010
    Not gonna gloat, but I actually thought that
    Charlie Ho-Tep would be Norrington, judging by the villain line-up. Once revealed that he was not, I didn't think bad of Charlie anymore. So I too was surprised.
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Which toy was that?
    Charlie Ho-Tep of course XD
  • edited July 2010
    He only mentioned Junior just played 10 min. with him before discarding and he was wondering why he even made that toy. No relation to the evil plot at the end IMO...
  • edited July 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    How fitting, considering who Satan seems to be an impression of, hehehe.

is it simon cowell? im no good at figuring out impressions and stuff :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    It never once occurred to me that
    Dr. Norrington and Yog-Soggoth
    were the same person, so I was totally shocked. I basically did everything EXCEPT go into the museum at the beginning of the game, so I didn't even find out til right near the end, so it was like this huge, shocking reveal to me.

He actually seems like a pretty nice guy...just wants to go back home and see his grandson...:D
  • edited July 2010
    He only mentioned Junior just played 10 min. with him before discarding and he was wondering why he even made that toy. No relation to the evil plot at the end IMO...

but when sam
    said how sad! I remeber thinking it be funny if he was the villian but didnt give it a 2nd thought and was still suprised. Plus max allready said it was evil XP
  • edited July 2010
    is it simon cowell? im no good at figuring out impressions and stuff :rolleyes:

No, it's Marlon Brando; both face and voice, heh.
  • edited July 2010
    its a twist =P i wont tell u .. if u played episode 4 then u know lol XD
    ending was EPIC i loved it =) but i didnt expect what i really excpected to be O-o
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    I just remember thinking that I just know somebody will have called this due to
    him being in the villain lineup
    and that they'll be gloating soon. To my surprise, a lack of gloats.

Actually, gloat achieved.
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    Actually, gloat achieved.

they totally edited it to say he was the villain after the episode, before they just had a suspicion he'd come back in some way. i saw it when it was like that.
  • edited July 2010
    they totally edited it to say he was the villain after the episode, before they just had a suspicion he'd come back in some way. i saw it when it was like that.

Oh. My mistake. Gloatchievement locked.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.