You know what I really hate about season 3?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
The fact that it seems nigh impossible for Telltale to top it. And that I apparently read too many comic books.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Il judge the season as a whole when the final episode comes out.

I Liked all the episodes. Except for episode 2. But ep 4 was AMAZING.

If the next episode is good, its my favorite season, because everey episode in season 3 was at least above average.

Fingers crossed.
  • edited July 2010
    This is always what happens with Telltale. I jumped into the Sam & Max games after Season 1 was already finished and Season 2 was started. I thought when I finished Season 1, "man, that was fantastic. No way season 2 will be as good.". But it was even better. The same for Season 3.

Telltale is a fantastically amazing company.

Achievement.aspx?text=Be%20Called%20Fantastically%20Amazing
  • edited July 2010
    Well another Sam & Max season wont top it just now, something tells me we wont see more for the next few years.

But other game can easly top Sam & Max, i mean they are great, but Back To The Future is better if done right :)
  • edited July 2010
    Well they can always try the Gobliins2 mechanism, controling Sam & Max at the same time for complicated actions, and a bigger inventory.

Controlling Max like a second character (same as Winkle in Gobliins2, a little stupid, uses items differently than Fingus etc...) would be really fun!

Taken from Wikipedia:

Gobliins 2: The Prince Buffoon

Goblins_2_ingame.png

[wiki]Fingus and Winkle in Gobliins 2: The Prince Buffoon.
    In 1992's Gobliins 2 the player controls two characters: Fingus (who is well-mannered, intelligent and shy) and Winkle (who is dumb enough to not know how to push a button in the first screen, but who is almost terminally brave). They've been sent to rescue the King's son, the Prince Buffoon, who has been kidnapped by the evil Amoniak. Both goblins can pick up and use items, and both generally use an item in different ways. Unlike its predecessor, Gobliins 2 allows (and requires) the player to travel back and forth between rooms. Also, both goblins can be given an order simultaneously, allowing for the inclusion of timing puzzles. A significant difference between this game and its predecessor is that in Gobliins 2 neither playable character can die.
    An easter egg is that Fingus, if left idle, will eventually whistle a short tune, and the tune is different in each room.[/wiki]

I see Sam as Fingus and Max as Winkle a lot. The character types are very similar.
  • edited July 2010
    They topped it already, though. It's called Season Two.
  • edited July 2010
    You seem oddly bitter. Need to talk about it?
  • edited July 2010
    Season 3 is far more epic than Season 2 - I think it's a new era of Telltale Games. I'd say S&M season 2 is the best of the older style.
  • edited July 2010
    I Liked all the episodes. Except for episode 2. But ep 4 was AMAZING.

Can't really comment episode 4 yet, because apparently it became downloadable during the night (when I was sound asleep) and as I have to work now, I haven't had time to download it yet

But I disagree with episode 2. I liked it a lot. It was bit like those old adventure movies and novels which I love.

Season two was great, but this season has had more epic feeling. Personally I think that more coherent story improves the game, because now it feels more like a great quest than collection of short stories.
  • edited July 2010

not with 202 in it.
  • edited July 2010

Just wait for the end before you call it i'd say
  • edited July 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    Just wait for the end before you call it i'd say
    I dunno. With three downright dull episodes and one truly excellent episode so far, I don't think that Episode 5 can really do anything tip the scales in the other direction. 3/5ths of boring really can't be redeemed by 2/5ths of anything at the end. Episodes 1-3 feel like they are just exposition for Episode 4, a really long, slightly-interactive cutscene that spanned 3 four-hour episodes over the course of 3 months.
  • edited July 2010
    The fact that it seems nigh impossible for Telltale to top it.

Every Sam & Max season is getting more grand-scale and more epic, so I can't really see how the hell the next season could get better. :(
  • edited July 2010
    I can ps dot tell me well pasts me I was her
Sign in to comment in this discussion.