Statue of Liberty = Laverne?

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
well, I guess everyone tried making Lady Liberty talk.
I can swear that her "Yoohoo!" was the voice of Laverne from DOTT!!!
Laverne: "Yoohoo, Mr. Tentacle-guy?"

Anyone remembers?
Anyway, with all of these tentacles during the season, the Purple-Tentacle-With-Horn from the museum, and even the Purple Tentacle in the MI2SE costume shop,

I think we can clearly guess that TT are going... back... TO THE MANSION!!!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Amaterasu wrote: »
    we can clearly guess
    Can't we do that anyway?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    ... you guys are crazy.

Since when is someone saying "yoo hoo!" in a cloth-waving fashion by default a Day of the Tentacle reference?
  • edited July 2010
    Is "you guys are crazy" implying that Telltale is not only working on one, but two seasons of "Day of the Tentacle"?? Sounds pretty much like it...
  • edited July 2010
    Oh! That Laverne, I thought this guy was trying to say that Laverne from that 70s show talked to a giant tentacle beast while wearing a robe and some purple thing!
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    I think we've dropped enough embarrassingly redundant DOTT jokes into this season without adding Laverne to the mix, thank you very much...

Mike "Joe, Chuck, and I think Way Too Much Alike at Times" Stemmle
  • edited July 2010
    Sometimes I'm baffled as to why people ENJOY these games, when they consider the same trope used twice a reference the second time. It makes me wonder if anyone knows why something is funny the first time through.
  • edited July 2010
    Sometimes I'm baffled as to why people ENJOY these games, when they consider the same trope used twice a reference the second time. It makes me wonder if anyone knows why something is funny the first time through.

Sometimes I'm baffled why you're even here if you DON'T enjoy these games. They're pure gold.
  • edited July 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Sometimes I'm baffled why you're even here if you DON'T enjoy these games. They're pure gold.

He didn't say that he doesn't enjoy them. He said that he doesn't understand why people who apparently don't get the jokes used in the games enjoy them.
  • edited July 2010
    I think we've dropped enough embarrassingly redundant DOTT jokes into this season without adding Laverne to the mix, thank you very much...

Mike "Joe, Chuck, and I think Way Too Much Alike at Times" Stemmle
    Really? Because I only spotted the one joke that's in 304 about the green tentacles being the friendly ones.
  • edited July 2010
    (It's not like the exact same one is in 303...) :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2010
    Oh, I guess I missed that one, but here's another reference:
    Sam: (looking at Purple tentacles) "It's too bad they're not green, I hear those are the friendly ones."

Thanks to the "Share your favorite Sam and Max Quotes" topic.
  • edited August 2010
    Aww, they just recycled the same line from 303 in 304? And here I was hoping to hear a new joke that I missed. Oh well.
  • edited August 2010
    Yup. Although I suppose the in-joke is that Max says it because he never heard Sam say it since he was alone/with Sammunmak at that time... ;).

And they both think like that...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.