Sam set his own fate

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
When fiddling around with the machinery in the lab while trying to get a certain toy, Sam clearly altered with future events. See that to get the toy, he had to choose the option where a vision showed
a giant Max eating him.

Just puzzle stuff? Try seeing Sam's future in the final battle.
He dies inside of Max's mouth, it's pretty horrifying.

Well done, Sam.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Actually it looked like Sam gets
    eaten by Juniorfied Max, but then there's a flash of actual Max.
  • edited July 2010
    Hmmm interesting observation... We still have an episode left for that answer... Still i don't think the machine did change fate and reality as we know it, in my opinion
  • edited July 2010
    I have a hunch that S&M will both die and save the world at the same time in the end of "The Devil's Playhouse". And the Narrator will explain everything we didn't know, he'll bring them back. And it will end.
  • edited July 2010
    fate and reality where change buy the the reality sam was in
  • edited July 2010
    I'll repeat what I said before: If that happens I guess Sam also has to poison himself (shakespearian!) and get beaten to dead by regular Max with a hammer...
  • edited July 2010
    While screaming Free Bird.
  • edited July 2010
    the last one sets his well do I have to repeat
  • edited July 2010
    ...and get beaten to dead by regular Max with a hammer...

That seems like a horrible way for poor Sam to die. I can't honestly picture Max doing that to him...:( Hopefully that was just a random gag, and doesn't mean anything.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll repeat what I said before: If that happens I guess Sam also has to poison himself (shakespearian!) and get beaten to dead by regular Max with a hammer...

Nah, they just constantly changed the future. Like all those visions in 301 that never happened.
  • edited July 2010
    "all"?

There's just like, 5... that didn't (yet?)
  • edited July 2010
    "all"?

There's just like, 5... that didn't (yet?)

All, as in 3 or more. The one with Flint dying, the one with Flint giving that battery thingy to Momma Bosco and the entire intro. All of those were changed, as were the ones in 304 describing Sam's fate.
  • edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    That seems like a horrible way for poor Sam to die. I can't honestly picture Max doing that to him...:( Hopefully that was just a random gag, and doesn't mean anything.

What? I honestly can see that happening. It wouldn't kill him though, it would be for his own good.

Seriously. Think of the ways Max has attacked Sam in order to further the plot, and mostly nothing bad happens.
  • edited July 2010
    as were the ones in 304 describing Sam's fate.
    All those happened though. Just in the dark dimension.

Poor, poor Sam.
  • edited July 2010
    Looked like at least one of them happened in the Caribbean.
  • edited July 2010
    When I tried to see Sam's future in the final battle, all I got was what appeared to be the future vision display glitching out on me. I just assumed that the view-master was screwed up the same as the toy phone and the Cthonic Destroyer. Of course, I can't get the game to run properly above graphics setting 1 (a downgrade from 3 on Tales), so that may have been it.
  • edited July 2010
    When I tried to see Sam's future in the final battle, all I got was what appeared to be the future vision display glitching out on me. I just assumed that the view-master was screwed up the same as the toy phone and the Cthonic Destroyer. Of course, I can't get the game to run properly above graphics setting 1 (a downgrade from 3 on Tales), so that may have been it.
    If you look closely, you can see
    glimpses of Giant!Eldritch!Max's fanged teeth gnashing
    during the Future Vision flashes. Like you, though, at first I thought it was just the toy glitching out--until I had a second look.
  • edited July 2010
    Even though you could create different kinds of futures with the machine, the very last option they set it on is... well, y'know.

Seeing as all the other 3 settings (flash of light, the way he acted, what he was thinking) came true, why shouldnt the future now created come true too?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.