Narrator in BtAotD

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Did anybody else get him interrupting briefly towards the end?
Just after Sam and Max were captured by the Samulacra after tracing the Toybox to the warehouse?
What was that all about?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Did anybody else get him interrupting briefly towards the end?
    Just after Sam and Max were captured by the Samulacra after tracing the Toybox to the warehouse?
    What was that all about?

of course we got it. that's part of the game. i have no idea why though. i kind of missed it, so i need to see it again.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, hang on.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18379

But I still don't understand the reference.
  • edited July 2010
    It's a reference to Bela Lugosi's part in one of the old Ed Wood movies. He played the narrator in one of the movies, and would often say random gibberish, like "PULL THE STRING!"
  • edited July 2010

ok, that video just made it make SO much sense :D
  • edited July 2010
    People keep missing the Narrators own identity being part of the gag- he's based on Criswell, a character and 'actor' from the Ed Wood series of films. He, like Lugosi, was part of this troupe and therefore has connections to the reference. They made a big deal out of it in the movie 'Ed Wood'- as a fan of the movie I cracked up at the reference.

I have a feeling the narrator, like Criswell, will turn out to be Sam and Max's friend at the end of the day. He does nothing but help the heroes and when the time comes, he'll probably help them save the day.
  • edited July 2010
    Au contraire, I'm still assuming the narrator is the main evil guy. Coffee cup on desk, anyone?
  • edited July 2010
    Luckly I got the reference straight away because of the AGVN's movie reviews that actually got me interested enough to watch Tim Burton's movie about Ed Wood. If I didn't see that though I would of been clueless XD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.