sam and max episode 305 longer episode???

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
well its a season finale and will they make this episode longer??? like 5 or 6 hours ... it depends :confused:

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I like to see a longer episode - 304 went by way too quickly.
  • edited July 2010
    They don't really choose how long the game will be.. sure they can put in more puzzles and content, but it depends how good you are at the puzzles to change the length.
  • edited July 2010
    Now I'm kinda curious, how long did it take everybody to get through this? I remember it taking around 3 to 4 hours, but it didn't feel particularly short or abbreviated. Brisk, maybe.
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Now I'm kinda curious, how long did it take everybody to get through this? I remember it taking around 3 to 4 hours, but it didn't feel particularly short or abbreviated. Brisk, maybe.

Episode 304, you mean? About 4 hours for me. I played it in two play sessions, and I remember each being roughly two hours long.
  • edited July 2010
    exactely 4,2 hours making it about 12 minutes longer than Episodes 2+3. So I don't know why others thought this one was short.
  • edited July 2010
    I didn't think it was short - just that I was enjoying it so much it sped past...
  • edited July 2010
    others think it was short because it was released earlier in the day. The other episodes haven't been completable in the same day like 304 was [/theory]
    I thought 304 was longer, but I do want 305 to be some massive epic finale romp.
  • edited July 2010
    I didn't think 304 was short (time-wise), but I don't really remember there being much to do. I mean, there were only really about six locations in the entire game.

Anyway, I'd like the last episode to be at least as long as the others, but not long-for-the-sake-of-being-long. If it's too long, the dramatic, climactic tension might fall a little flat.
  • edited July 2010
    I didn't think 304 was short (time-wise), but I don't really remember there being much to do. I mean, there were only really about six locations in the entire game.

Anyway, I'd like the last episode to be at least as long as the others, but not long-for-the-sake-of-being-long. If it's too long, the dramatic, climactic tension might fall a little flat.

There just weren't that many puzzles in it at all.
  • edited August 2010
    Steam tells me that I have played for 109 minutes, the other three were 4, 4 and 3 for 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
  • edited August 2010
    Episode 4 was short compared to the first 3 episodes, it had only 3 acts compared to 4 acts like most episodes.
  • edited August 2010
    My second time though took me about two hours but my first playthrough took about 5 or 6 hours, I'm kind of slow with puzzle solving
  • edited August 2010
    lets see how long each episode was puzzle wise(some people may not count as puzzles but i do)
    SPOILERS BELOW DONT READ IF YOU HAVENT COMPLETED THE EPISODES
    :spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o::spoil-o:
    301:*skipping most of first part since they told you what to do* using rhinoplasty on bazooka, figuring out how to revive gordon. saving flint paper from death getting the power core getting the crime tron getting the demon broth, getting the power core to work, getting out of the mole chamber, getting the broach, getting the dementional destabilizar. finding skunkape in the pizza place, finding skunkape in the pawn shop, finding skunkape in the toy shop. getting stinky out of her cell getting out of your cell(a puzzle in the first part) escaping the penal zone. getting the broach on skunkape finding a power source and finally getting skunkape to trip and fall

*skipping 302 due to how those puzzles are laid out and would take me forever to remember, let alone type

303: getting skunkapes minoin to give you the rhinoplasty getting the european guy to give you the paper.
    getting a new brain for max getting in to paperwaites office getting sal beat up to anger paperwaite getting skunkapes minion to burn the wall angering paperwaite even more. finding the backhanded salutees. getting the broach for reporting a crime(i think that was what it was for) taking the broach from the rat. getting the broach for giving sammunmak a gift. taking on skunkape by summoning the mole men and pushing him. defeating sammunmak.

304 finally: getting the toaster to work. getting out of grandpa stinkys diner. going to paperwaite's office and getting in(also getting sals phone number) going to stinkys diner and get stinky to talk about the birthday, learing what cake grandpa stinky likes. going to sals job, getting the sam clones to leave getting said cake and giving it to grandpa stinky. going to mama boscos lab and doing the summoning using the dementional destabilizer to work for you(my favorite puzzle:D) using the cthonic destroyer on the tenticles. getting the right dna for the cloning device. getting to the control area(which could count as 2 puzzles getting sal and stinky up there) leading the clones to the toybox. getting to charly ho-teps base as max. killing charly ho-tep as max.

so there in terms of puzzles 304 could be considered the second longest(302 is defenently the longest due to the astral projection.) episode. Of course most puzzles where easy shortening the game.
  • edited August 2010
    It's mostly longer because there are so many optional gags hidden away, that the previous 3 seemed missing.

So if you just rushed through; yeah, shorter. But if you took the time to fully explore and mess about; longer.
  • edited August 2010
    304 Was Like the Final Episode of Monkey Island: A little bit shorter, but more new content per minute then the rest.
  • edited August 2010
    Ehm, ToMI 105 was longer than all other episodes, but used a lot of re-used content.

:confused:

Not quite what you meant...
  • edited August 2010
    Ehm, ToMI 105 was longer than all other episodes, but used a lot of re-used content.

:confused:

Not quite what you meant...

No... you don't seem to understand...

By new content/minute, I mean a variety of mini-puzzles as opposed to three big puzzles.
  • edited August 2010
    We're already halfwway through August, the anticipation is killing me.
  • edited August 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Episode 304, you mean? About 4 hours for me. I played it in two play sessions, and I remember each being roughly two hours long.

Really? Dang, it was like 3 for me. I got on and the answers to everything were so simple that I didn't even need the hint system.

I think 305 will have about the same challenge as 301 and 302. Mixed with both large puzzles and location shuffling.
  • edited August 2010
    See the person who designed it, does he decide the puzzles? If that is the case, then maybe episode 5 will be on the same level as episode 1. The same person will have written and designed episode 5.
  • edited August 2010
    I still believe that that 304 was the shortest and 302 the longest, Let's hope that the final episode will be longer
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Really? Dang, it was like 3 for me. I got on and the answers to everything were so simple that I didn't even need the hint system.

I think 305 will have about the same challenge as 301 and 302. Mixed with both large puzzles and location shuffling.

yeah.. im thinking there gonna be more puzzles and more challenging like 302
    i dont like simple puzzles (well the toybox is out of the way .. im thinking the gameplay gonna be similar to seasons 1 and 2)
  • edited August 2010
    Ep. 1 was easier than 2 and 4 though (IMO), so that would be a bad thing...
  • edited August 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i dont like simple puzzles (well the toybox is out of the way .. im thinking the gameplay gonna be similar to seasons 1 and 2)

Don't be to sure, Max in the end of 304 didn't have ANY of the toys, his mind was projecting all of his psychic powers in the shape of the toys so that we could control all the toys in the end of the Episode. So, in 305... Now that Max has gone "Lovecraft" he'll most likely control all of Junior's powers.

Or my next guess is, is that Sam will probably use his strange connection to the ability of the toys (He can see the future and hear what people are thinking) to find a way to maybe either make new toys or something completely different. Either way I'm sure we'll control the toys one more time.
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Don't be to sure, Max in the end of 304 didn't have ANY of the toys, his mind was projecting all of his psychic powers in the shape of the toys so that we could control all the toys in the end of the Episode. So, in 305... Now that Max has gone "Lovecraft" he'll most likely control all of Junior's powers.

Or my next guess is, is that Sam will probably use his strange connection to the ability of the toys (He can see the future and hear what people are thinking) to find a way to maybe either make new toys or something completely different. Either way I'm sure we'll control the toys one more time.

yeah who knows but heres the thing max might be controlled by junior or not (i dont think its junoir) and he cant control him self so how is he gonna use his new powers??? and on other hand sam might shoot max or something (i hope not)
  • edited August 2010
    Just a thought. I'm thinking maybe Max isn't being controlled. When he is transforming, he says: "This is so cool!" Then says RAWR!! So maybe he has controll over himself, just now he has the powers of a god from the dark dimension. Which is REALLY bad considering it is Max...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.