Strongbad / Wallace & Gromit / Sam & Max s1 on Mac?

edited January 2011 in Game Support
... this is probably the wrong forum, sorry.

But i can't open 3 threads, one for every section :P
Basically, my question is in the title: when can we expect these games on Mac?
Like... at least one series before 2010 ends, Y/N?

Also, i already know Sam & Max season 1 isn't really planned for Mac, sorry, i just wanted to ask again -- the other 2 series should be, though, since you made that Mac poll with ToMI/Strong Bad/Sam & Max/Wallace & Gromit and ToMI won.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Basically the mac ports have to be squeezed in between everything else that is going on, but we haven't forgotten about them I promise.
  • edited July 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Basically the mac ports have to be squeezed in between everything else that is going on, but we haven't forgotten about them I promise.

Will the Mac versions be download-only, or will they be fitted into 2nd Edition DVDs?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Download only. I don't think there will be any way for us to reissue the season dvds to include the mac versions as well.
  • edited August 2010
    This is fantastic to hear. I was just going to send an email to see if we should expect a Mac version of S1. Waiting to start the entire saga until this happens!

Thanks guys!
  • edited December 2010
    That's awesome news. I bought myself all three seasons of Sam and Max, and I've been dying to start playing, but I have to find a PC laptop to borrow from somewhere first to start season 1. I have a macbookpro as my personal laptop, and I don't feel comfortable playing games on my work PC computers :P

I also really want to purchase Wallace and Gromit, but I'm waiting for it to be released for mac usage.

Actually, I'd like to know, if I buy Wallace and Gromit for the PC right now, then will the mac version become available to me (for download) as well once it's developed? I won't have to buy it again, right?

I'm eying the deals that are taking place this month, and it might be worth it to use one of those 50%-off deals to buy Wallace and Gromit NOW, even if it's on PC, and just hope it gets upgraded to a mac version sometime in the future.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited December 2010
    alwayseasy wrote: »
    Actually, I'd like to know, if I buy Wallace and Gromit for the PC right now, then will the mac version become available to me (for download) as well once it's developed? I won't have to buy it again, right?
    You are correct.
    At least, that's how it was with Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max's second season, both of which got Mac releases long after I bought the PC version.
  • edited December 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    You are correct.
    At least, that's how it was with Tales of Monkey Island and Sam & Max's second season, both of which got Mac releases long after I bought the PC version.

Ok. Good to know. Thanks!
    I just finished buying the Wallace and Gromit season series, and now I'll just have to be patient and wait for the mac version to be released... hopefully sometime soon :P

erm... just how long did you mean when you say 'long after I bought the PC version'?
  • edited December 2010
    alwayseasy wrote: »
    Ok. Good to know. Thanks!
    I just finished buying the Wallace and Gromit season series, and now I'll just have to be patient and wait for the mac version to be released... hopefully sometime soon :P

erm... just how long did you mean when you say 'long after I bought the PC version'?
    Telltale only started porting their games to the Mac in February 2010. Both Tales of Monkey Island and Sam and Max Season 2 had been out for a long time then. (Especially Sam and Max) Every game that came out after that has been available for the Mac from release day.

You may have to wait a while for Wallace and Gromit. There has been no Mac ports of previously released games since Sam and Max Season 2 at the beginning of the year.
  • edited January 2011
    So, any news on the wallace and gromit port on mac?
    If telltale could do the same treatment to wallace they did to strongbad (that means mac port+ dvd), I'll buy it asap.
This discussion has been closed.