The one that isn't Max

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
I really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2, don't get me wrong, but it always felt like Sam was demoted to Max's straight man almost all the time. This bummed me out, because I always felt like he was the best member of the duo.

So now that Sam's getting a lot more attention in season 3, I can't help but be appreciative. Hell, that whole noir part in 303 might be the funniest bit in the season.

Maybe this thread is pointless, but I hadn't seen anyone else mention this.
What do you all think?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I think I've mentioned this in passing a few times, but yes, I absolutely agree. Sam deserves some plot spotlight, and he's getting it a lot more in Season 3 than in 1 and 2.
  • edited July 2010
    Max has always overshadowed Sam. This is probably intentional, since it seems it's been lampshaded during references to their childhood, where it seems that Max was always the more charismatic and popular of the two, and their friendship was based on Max sticking up for the more reclusive Sam when he was being bullied.

But I liked Sam better, definitely, so I'm glad to see that the spotlight's shifted to him for once. Which is kind of weird to think about, since he's the player character; you'd usually assume that he'd automatically be the MAIN character, too.
  • edited July 2010
    I can't shoot future me!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.