Gold Biker Shorts

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
Um...those are never really explained...is there an actual reason behind the "scantily clad" portion of the scantily clad Samulacra? Anyone?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    Um...those are never really explained...is there an actual reason behind the "scantily clad" portion of the scantily clad Samulacra?
    I don't think it ever was explained. When you question
    Charlie Ho-Tep
    about it, he ignores that part of the question to insult Sam's figure.
  • edited July 2010
    Which just peaks my curiosity even more.
  • edited July 2010
    Maybe
    Junior
    likes gold shorts.

Yeah, that's the only idea I can come up with.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the developers had issues about animating essentially a naked Sam model.

Not like there would be anything down there to begin with. I mean, the model would be no more naked than Max, but eh.
  • edited July 2010
    Hmm, I thought this was gonna be a thread solely dedicated to this gag
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-44Ixyx93I
  • edited July 2010
    OH MY GOD! How did I miss that?! :D:D:D

Wait...now I feel bad for Sam. Poor guy, so adorably self-conscious.

...let's point and laugh at him.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm pretty sure Sam and Max made a comment that explains it. Basically, it was because
    Momma Bosco
    built the cloning machine.
  • edited July 2010
    Was I the only one suprised when they called them gold? ...I thought they were silver.
  • edited July 2010
    Because not even Max can tolerate the sight of Sam's hideous junk.
  • edited July 2010
    Spadge wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Sam and Max made a comment that explains it. Basically, it was because
    Momma Bosco
    built the cloning machine.

I thought that explain why those shorts are gold. But yeah, probably is because she likes the shorts somehow
  • edited July 2010
    Was I the only one suprised when they called them gold? ...I thought they were silver.

They're silver if you are playing on a certain Graphic level. Once you get higher up in the settings, they actually turn gold.
  • edited July 2010
    what !!! i didnt see that O-o i was playing on Ps3 ver and i thought it was nothing over there . i skipped it ..
  • edited July 2010
    I think gold clothes are just a default setting for the machine since Mama Bosco got a gold dress when she was cloned. Question is, why wasn't she just in her underwear too? I was hoping for a cutscene where Sam and Max turn away (shock, disgust, giggling, or something) so she can run to her lab for clothes. ;P
  • edited July 2010
    I missed this gag cause I downloaded the steam version, oh well thankfully we have youtube to remedy this for me :D
  • edited July 2010
    I missed this gag cause I downloaded the steam version
    Aren't the versions identical?
  • edited July 2010
    DaVince wrote: »
    Aren't the versions identical?

They are, as long as you have the Graphics settings set to maximum.
  • edited July 2010
    The shorts only appear after you send the clones to the devil's toybox and not before that.
  • edited July 2010
    If you're going to make thousands of clones, it stands to reason that they'd be naked. You have any idea how expensive clothes for all the clones would be?
  • edited July 2010
    It's a reference to this, isn't it?
  • edited July 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    If you're going to make thousands of clones, it stands to reason that they'd be naked. You have any idea how expensive clothes for all the clones would be?

That's what I was thinking. The gold shorts were on wholesale.
  • edited July 2010
    That's what I was thinking. The gold shorts were on wholesale.

Or they were created with the clones.
  • edited July 2010
    Now that's just stingy. Decent clothes would still cost next to nothing compared to buying all those absurdly advanced cloning pods.
  • edited July 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Now that's just stingy. Decent clothes would still cost next to nothing compared to buying all those absurdly advanced cloning pods.

True, true.
  • edited July 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    They're silver if you are playing on a certain Graphic level. Once you get higher up in the settings, they actually turn gold.

I always play on max settings... so no.
    Perhaps it's just my monitor then, but on the front page I can easily tell they're gold. Perhaps I just had an off day when I played it. :p
  • edited July 2010
    I had that impression as well. Thought they had space brand, aluminum underwear since the the end of 203.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.