Sam&Max: Situation Comedy won't play fullscreen

edited January 2007 in Game Support
I've installed S&M Ep2 and I've had no problem with the install or the activation. However when starting the game I get Gametap and Telltale logos then boom, the game minimize itself. Trying to bring it back will only get me about a second of music (no picture) and it minimizes again. By deleting the prefs.prop file I am able to play in windowed mode but I like to play my games fullscreen. I tried the game on my kid's computer and it works fine, fullscreen and all. Culture Shock plays correctly on both computers.

I have a Pentium D 820, 2 GB RAM, Radeon X800 Pro (Catalyst 6.12), Sound Blaster X-Fi, Windows XP Pro SP2

Any toughts?

Comments

• KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Start in a window, set the graphics option to "low" and then try fullscreen again...
  • edited January 2007
    Nope, it didn't help. As soon as I check the Fullscreen on box, the game tries to change to fullscreen mode and gets minimized. And yes, I did change the graphics quality to low before I tried switching to fullscreen. (Even tried quitting in between the changes to make sure it was correctly applied.)
  • KevinKevin Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2007
    Thanks for patience, and your help in trying to resolve this.

If your up for it, you might try the "Omega" drivers found here:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

You might also try starting in a window, and attempting different screen resolutions before going to fullscreen.
  • edited January 2007
    Ok, setting the resolution to 1024x768 (same as my desktop) before going to fullscreen did work. I tried quitting the game and coming back and it keeps working.

Thank you for the help! I just hope this bug will get squashed eventually so people can play at whatever resolution they choose. (Or gets defaulted to... ;) )
This discussion has been closed.