Devil's Playhouse Wii?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
I already own the Wii versions of both of the first 2 seasons of Sam & Max by Telltale, but it doesn't say anywhere on the page for this season that it will eventually be released in that format.

Will this season ever be compiled into a game disc for the Wii? I'd hate to have to buy a new console or iPad just to be able to play it. I mean, I'm downloading the demo for the PC version now, but I can't say for sure yet if it will run smoothly on my computer.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Telltale always tries to port their games to as many platforms as possible, so it's probably going to be released for the Wii after the season is over.
  • edited July 2010
    It probably will at some point, but why not wait until it's finished before asking about it?
  • edited July 2010
    You're not alone. I'm eagerly awaiting an announcement for Wii myself.
    Hopefully it won't take as long as the other seasons did. I'm dying to play Season Three.

But, like the others said, It'll probably be best to ask after the season ends.
  • edited July 2010
    Ishtarru what are the specs of your PC? That would be a good way to find out if you could play Sam and Max or not.
  • edited July 2010
    I dunno. Season 2 had a hard time running on Wii from what I hear, Season 3 might be pretty stripped down graphically if it pops along
  • edited July 2010
    Good news: the demo worked like a dream on my computer! I still hope that Telltale eventually does a Wii version, though: if only to provide for fans that aren't as fortunate as I am, computer-wise.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread.
  • edited July 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    I dunno. Season 2 had a hard time running on Wii from what I hear, Season 3 might be pretty stripped down graphically if it pops along
    Eh... The iPad version of The Penal Zone didn't look too bad. Sure, it won't look as good as the PC version, but I bet the Wii version could look pretty good provided that Telltale took the proper time and effort in the port. There are a good bit of Wii games that look nice.
  • edited July 2010
    JedExodus wrote: »
    brunner wrote: »
    Eh... The iPad version of The Penal Zone didn't look too bad. Sure, it won't look as good as the PC version, but I bet the Wii version could look pretty good provided that Telltale took the proper time and effort in the port. There are a good bit of Wii games that look nice.

Remember the game is not been designed for Wii, and the Wii has some limitations about some things, like the size of textures (for name the only example I know). Basically, if they started from the beginning doing the game for Wii, maybe the game will look awesome. But, if they have troubles porting Season 2 to Wii, the same problems will probably arise.

Mind you, I don't think is impossible, but I hope the next time the distributor is not Atari. Or Namco Bandai.
  • edited July 2010
    One thing I would like to add: Telltale does not do the disc versions of the games that come out on retail, aka available in stores kind of thing. A company like Atari does. I heard that those ports onto the Wii were terribly glitchy. That would also imply that they wouldn't go to great lengths to port the games. With how demanding TDP is compared to the Wii's hardware, it would take a lot more effort, so it is a lot less likely to come out. If it does come out for the Wii, it will take a long time, and probably be even more glitchy than the other seasons.
  • edited July 2010
    i dont think they will do season 3 for the wii .. because 1. the graphics are in HD and wii cant handle that much power .. unless they degrade it i mean lower the HD which gonna take a long time and they have to make it back from square one to make episode 1-5
    2.im guessing it might lagg alot like in season 2 ... 3.it wont be for 360 either because the game wont sell enough (i mean people gonna have 2 pay for live and they wont have that much money to pay for the game) or season .. if they want to make for the wii .. i dont know im guessing .... so 50/50 chance they might do for the wii

i have it for PS3 and it worked really amazing no lagg and the loading time went quickly
  • edited July 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    One thing I would like to add: Telltale does not do the disc versions of the games that come out on retail, aka available in stores kind of thing. A company like Atari does.

JoWood and Atari published the Wii versions of Season 1 and Season 2 respectively, but I'm pretty sure Telltale did the actual porting. My understanding is that the only console port of their games that Telltale didn't develop themselves was the Playstation 2 version of CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder. From what I hear, the Bulgarian Ubisoft studio actually remade that game with a different engine and control scheme.
  • edited July 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i have it for PS3 and it worked really amazing no lagg and the loading time went quickly
    Really? I played the PS3 version and I thought it was really bad, just like the Wii ports were. I love TellTale games, but the ports to Wii and PS3 are really bad. On PS3, the game felt like it took about a second before it recognized my input. It's almost as if the PS3 couldn't handle the game.

If there is a Wii version, it will be on disc. This season really can't fit in 40 MB per episode. With a disc release they can make it run pretty well.
  • edited July 2010
    Really? I played the PS3 version and I thought it was really bad, just like the Wii ports were. I love TellTale games, but the ports to Wii and PS3 are really bad. On PS3, the game felt like it took about a second before it recognized my input. It's almost as if the PS3 couldn't handle the game.

You might want to get your PS3 checked out, apart from a few hiccups in The Penal Zone, the rest of the season has performed amazing on the PS3, same with Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited July 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    You might want to get your PS3 checked out, apart from a few hiccups in The Penal Zone, the rest of the season has performed amazing on the PS3, same with Tales of Monkey Island.

I think my PS3 is just fine. When I said "I played the PS3 version" I meant to say "I played the demo". That was The Penal Zone, so maybe the rest is actually better. They should fix that though, I bet a lot of people don't buy their games because of the poor performance of the demo.

Tales of Monkey Island ran a lot better by the way.
  • edited July 2010
    I think my PS3 is just fine. When I said "I played the PS3 version" I meant to say "I played the demo". That was The Penal Zone, so maybe the rest is actually better. They should fix that though, I bet a lot of people don't buy their games because of the poor performance of the demo.

Tales of Monkey Island ran a lot better by the way.

yeah the demo was bad for penal zone but the actual game was perfect
    i bought whole season for Ps3 ver and did really good job :p just get episode 1 or 2 it wont lagg :cool:

the wii lagged alot on season 2 so it sucked but the episodes were amazing
  • edited July 2010
    Udvarnoky wrote: »
    JoWood and Atari published the Wii versions of Season 1 and Season 2 respectively, but I'm pretty sure Telltale did the actual porting. My understanding is that the only console port of their games that Telltale didn't develop themselves was the Playstation 2 version of CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder. From what I hear, the Bulgarian Ubisoft studio actually remade that game with a different engine and control scheme.

And from what I heard, Telltale Games didn't do the porting; in fact, on the season 1 case, from the pictures I saw on Amazon, it looks like The Adventure Company ported it, not Telltale. And it was published by Dreamcatcher, not JoWood.

EDIT: Looking on Wikipedia, it was JoWood that published it in Europe. Also, apparently The Adventure Company is the publisher, and Dreamcatcher is the porter.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.