Season 1

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
So I just today figured out that Season 1 only supports 4:3 resolutions, and after a brief search of the Game Support forum, it has already been covered that Telltale will not revisit the first season to update the episodes.

But I don't care! Telltale, go back and reload the old assets into a newer version of the Telltale Tool. And rerecord Max's lines in the first episode while you're at it. Release it as a special edition or something. Please. :)

Comments

• edited July 2010
    They told someone recently that not all things in the Season 1 assets are compatible with the newer engine. It was in response to whether or not they were going to port it to Mac, but considering you said to put it into a newer version as if it was that simple, I thought it was relevant.

In fact, here's the quote of the post by Jake:
    Jake wrote: »
    Haha it's not so much an issue of "finding it" but the code is not fully compatible with the latest stuff. With so much going on around here right now, we don't have the resources to put a programmer on it this second. It's always our goal to get our entire library out and available on as many platforms as we can, though. It's usually just a matter of "when." :) So for now, "when" is "not yet, sorry!"
  • edited July 2010
    Power46 wrote: »
    ...but considering you said to put it into a newer version as if it was that simple, I thought it was relevant.

I'm aware that it's not simple, and I have the expectation that it won't ever happen. :]
  • edited July 2010
    I don't think an update of Season 1 is what people want, an all new version of Season 1, YES! But an updated version, no.
  • edited July 2010
    There is a program to get custom res's. Links may get me banned though. Google.
  • edited July 2010
    It's a good thing I'm still on a 4:3 screen.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.