The Big Sam and Max Favourite Character Poll (Final)

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
Results of the bonus round:
Sam - 44
Max - 43

Wow. Sam has beaten Max by 1 vote.

And here we are for the final. Only 1 character can win. Vote for your favourite one final time!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Oh god. That was a very tough decision! It was either Papierwaite or Bosco. I like the characters an awful lot, but Papierwaite is one of my all time favourite characters. He had a brilliant battle theme. I liked it when you use Charlie
    Ho-tep on him in 304! I found it rather funny. Although I was sad when
    he died. Hopefully they'll bring him back, or mention him.
    As I said, I like Bosco as well, I just like Papierwaite that tiny bit more.

I also found it surprising Max lost by one vote. Hmm... probably because of this season I bet.
  • edited July 2010
    I would vote for the C.O.P.S. but I only like Bluster Blaster :p
  • edited July 2010
    Ooooh, it was so hard choosing between Bosco and Sal... but I chose Sal.
  • edited July 2010
    In this poll, are we talking Season 3 C.O.P.S. or pre-Season 3 C.O.P.S.?
  • edited July 2010
    xbskid wrote: »
    In this poll, are we talking Season 3 C.O.P.S. or pre-Season 3 C.O.P.S.?

Either interpretation, I am sure.

And, of course, I chose Bosco!
  • edited July 2010
    Papierwaite. He's one of the best characters to come out of this season.
  • edited July 2010
    I vote for the guy from Stuttgart.
  • edited July 2010
    Roscoe Bosco. Without a doubt.
  • edited July 2010
    Bosco is only my 4th favorite paranoid lunatic. I vote Papierwaite.
  • edited July 2010
    Tough choice, but in the end I sided with everyone's favorite necromancer.

EDIT: Hey, lookie, 200th post!
  • edited July 2010
    I get a kick out of Jurgen, he's also cartoonishly handsome.

How does Sal count as a legitimate character? Is he in episode 4? I haven't gotten that far yet.
  • edited July 2010
    Bosco seems to be getting the sympathy/underdog vote since his season exclusion, doesn't he?
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    How does Sal count as a legitimate character? Is he in episode 4? I haven't gotten that far yet.

Yep, he's in 304, getting roughly the same amount of screen time, albeit with a marginally increased role.
  • edited July 2010
    Bosco, I like Sal but Bosco has more personality in his shirt then Sal does in his hat.
  • edited July 2010
    I voted for Papierwaite here - I think he's just more of an interesting character than the rest of the guys. He's good but he's evil at the same time - you can never tell...
  • edited July 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Bosco seems to be getting the sympathy/underdog vote since his season exclusion, doesn't he?

For me, it isn't the sympathy vote; I genuinely think Bosco is one of the best characters made in the Sam & Max universe, and the best character in this poll by far. The C.O.P.S. are a distant second.
  • edited July 2010
    Well that was an insanely difficult choice. It was between Sal or Papierwaite for me. I decided on Sal. I've only just completed 303 and I loved him in it! His voice was just perfect as well. I'm rather pleased to hear he's in 304.
  • edited July 2010
    Jurgen- I find his accent adorable and I don't know why.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd have to say Bosco, although they've done a great job with Flint's character this season.
  • edited July 2010
    I'd have to say Bosco, although they've done a great job with Flint's character this season.

Really? I thought Flint was pretty weak this season...
  • edited July 2010
    Thank God Sam beat Max.
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »

I think they did a good job fleshing him out. I'm pretty sure he was only briefly in Season 2 (201 Opening, 203 during that one puzzle, 204 during the opening, and 205 during the credits). He didn't actually play any big roles in Season 2, but it feels like he's a more important part of this season. Maybe not, that's just my opinion.

Oh hey, 333rd post. Just 444 more till 777. And 1004 more until 1337. :p
  • edited July 2010
    I think they did a good job fleshing him out. I'm pretty sure he was only briefly in Season 2 (201 Opening, 203 during that one puzzle, 204 during the opening, and 205 during the credits). He didn't actually play any big roles in Season 2, but it feels like he's a more important part of this season. Maybe not, that's just my opinion.

Oh hey, 333rd post. Just 444 more till 777. And 1004 more until 1337. :p

Actually, one of the complaints I heard of for the Telltale Flint Paper was that he wasn't like the comic's Flint Paper-the comic's Flint Paper was just shown in small, random blurbs without any fleshing out of his character. The like the lack of fleshed out character in Flint Paper. It made him seem very mysterious.

Now, I don't really know which is better-I just thought that I would tell you one of the arguments that directly goes against yours.
  • edited July 2010
    Originally Posted by tabstis

I think (so far) in this season he has had less appearances. In season 2:
    Everything you said,
    Episode 2 in Stinky's
    End of episode 3
    Abe's party.

In season 3:
    Stinky's in episode 1
    Opening, start of act 3, when he arrests Grandpa Stinky
    During act 2 of episode 4.

So he has had 7 appearances in season 2, and only 5 in season 3 (so far).
  • edited July 2010
    Sal could still very easily catch Bosco and any of the others could come back! Keep voting!
  • edited July 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    Sal could still very easily catch Bosco and any of the others could come back! Keep voting!

I would if I could, but I already did, so thus I can't.
  • edited July 2010
    Flint Paper even for the interrogation mind reading alone!
  • edited July 2010
    Sal is one vote behind Bosco! Can the cockroach possibly be the most loved Sam and Max character (not including Sam and Max) ???
  • edited July 2010
    Tough choice, but I had to go with the C.O.P.S. for being awesome and funny for three seasons, even after losing and gaining new members.
    Papierwaite was a damn close second, though!
  • edited August 2010
    bluster is my favorite but i think all the cops make good charters and together there my favorite
    FunkyCris wrote: »
    I would vote for the C.O.P.S. but I only like Bluster Blaster :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.