NSIS Error in S&M 304 Setup

edited July 2010 in Game Support
A friend of mine is still unable to activate the setup of Beyond the Alley of the Dolls because of an NSIS error. He and I downloaded the setup in the same time, from the same link, and I was able to play and finish the whole episode. So it's almost clear that his PC is what causes the problem.

From what I get, he seems to have tried everything, including clearing the cache and the /NCRC trick. He had an expired anti-virus program which he uninstalled and then downloaded the setup back again (not sure if he cleared the cache a second time in between) but it still gives him the same ol' error (http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6289/adszzoy.jpg <-- Btw the language is Turkish 8D)

As you can see, he uses Win7. He and I would be really thankful if you posted any other solutions known to bypass or cure the NSIS problem.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    It appears that it's not that he can't activate the game, rather it's that he can't install it. It's entirely possible that when you downloaded the game, it went fine for you, but something corrupted it on his machine. It could be anything from his ISP doing weird things to a hardware failure-in-progress.

Have him download a program that will calculate md5 checksums and have him verify that the checksum of his Sam & Max 304 installer is 601b60655523940da6583c24827cd879
  • edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    As you can see, he uses Win7. He and I would be really thankful if you posted any other solutions known to bypass or cure the NSIS problem.
    Just copy your download of the installer to a USB drive or burn it on a CD and give it to him - that should take any download problems out of the picture...
  • TeaTea
    edited July 2010
    Leak wrote: »
    Just copy your download of the installer to a USB drive or burn it on a CD and give it to him - that should take any download problems out of the picture...

This.

So long as he uses his own unlock code / login, it's fine for you to give him your copy of the installation file.
This discussion has been closed.