The Narrator?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
What part do you think he will play in the finale?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I don't trust him. I dunno why, but I just don't. ^_^ Therefore, I think he'll be a villian!
  • edited July 2010
    He narrates things. And that's just what a Narrator should do.
  • edited July 2010
    I think he's just a narrator but perhaps at one point he will speak to Sam and Max, not to help them but more likely as a joke.
  • edited July 2010
    Considering that every season has main villain(s) what does not reveal itself to be villains directly until final episode of each season. Narrator being villain would not probably be far off.
  • edited July 2010
    Narrate and nothing more? I really doubt it, he's a mysterious character and I feel that there's much more to him than meets the eye. I bet on him being the villain, but he may turn out to be on the good side.
  • edited July 2010
    i think the narrator will be the villain .. because all of the narrators... well narrate the story and in episode 304 he interrupted the story and said "pull the cord" .. thats fishy and narrators don't interrupt the story... they tell the story =P
  • edited July 2010
    It is questionable how we suddenly need a Narrator.
  • edited July 2010
    It's a whole stylething, like the grain. Surprising how no one goes THE FILM GRAIN IS GOING TO BE EVIL AND TURN ON SAM AND MAX! though.

As for "suspicious to intervene" that happened all the way in the begin of 301 too. Now that I think about it, same at the end. That being a "hint" would be pretty farfedged.

I think the narrate will narrate and the film grain will try to kill S&M as result. TTG?
  • edited July 2010
    BTW, he said that it's his playhouse. It clearly indicates that he will play a larger role and probably be the one pulling the strings. He may be an avatar of one of the Elder Gods.
  • edited July 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »
    BTW, he said that it's his playhouse. It clearly indicates that he will play a larger role and probably be the one pulling the strings. He may be an avatar of one of the Elder Gods.

hmmm true but he didn't appear in season 3 at all maybe in season finale we might see him in person .. if not then im gonna be confused and say " why we need a narrator in sam and max season 3???" :confused::rolleyes:
  • edited July 2010
    He has to be evil... he has a red rose on his lapel. If that's not a sign of evil, I don't know what is. Of course, having him just narrate would be awesomely unexpected. I think that's the main reason people have voted option 2 :)
  • edited July 2010
    Cyrus7 wrote: »

He only said it in the trailer. He might've said that just because as the narrator, he can gaze upon the plot as he's a god, or the owner of the whole storyline. It still doesn't promise us that he's surely an effective character IN the storyline.
  • edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    He only said it in the trailer. He might've said that just because as the narrator, he can gaze upon the plot as he's a god, or the owner of the whole storyline. It still doesn't promise us that he's surely an effective character IN the storyline.

He could have acted from above, manipulating the characters without actually participating in the storyline.
  • edited July 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i think the narrator will be the villain .. because all of the narrators... well narrate the story and in episode 304 he interrupted the story and said "pull the cord" .. thats fishy and narrators don't interrupt the story... they tell the story =P

That's actually an Ed Wood reference/joke and was used, more or less, as a transition between acts.
  • edited July 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    That's actually an Ed Wood reference/joke and was used, more or less, as a transition between acts.
    Yeah, it exists specifically because one of the narrators used as part of the archetype DID interrupt the story.

Also because it was pretty damn hilarious.
  • edited July 2010
    I think the narrator will just narrate. There may be a small tie-in, as there is always a dark backdrop behind him so he could be in the dark dimension.
  • edited July 2010
    I think he will only continue to narrate but if he does have an impact on the story it might reveal that he was the one who placed the Goggles of the Future outside of the office or leave the audience with a story opening like with the Voodoo lady at the end of ToMI.
  • edited July 2010
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    it might reveal that he was the one who placed the Goggles of the Future outside of the office or leave the audience with a story opening like with the Voodoo lady at the end of ToMI.

That's possible as well, I just believe he must be relevant to the story in one way or another.
  • edited July 2010
    He sounded to me like Doctor Norington, so I recon that is his true identity, and I'm thinking the doctor is evil, therefore I voted for the third option.
  • edited July 2010
    i think he is the devil hence the name the devils playhouse(see the trailer)
    p.s i am hating that forum they made on me
  • edited July 2010
    i think he is the devil hence the name the devils playhouse(see the trailer)
    p.s i am hating that forum they made on me

Devil = Evil tentacle monster from the Dark Dimension
    Playhouse = The universe

It's got nothing to do with Satan, no sir.
  • edited July 2010
    what
    p.s. he said "welcome my friends, to my Playhouse of the bizarre" in the season trailer
  • edited July 2010
    Narrator is what I think is true max
  • edited July 2010
    I voted "villain" but I think the narrator's role is far more mysterious than that of Hugh Bliss or **** Poppers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.