soundtrack?

edited July 2010 in Sam & Max
where can I find the songs from season 3 online?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    You can't really. There are a couple of the main ones on youtube, but that's it. The reason being that there are TONNES of songs.
    If you use this:
    http://quick.mixnmojo.com/new-tool-telltale-music-extractor
    You can extract all the music into neat little mp3s, but there'll be hundreds of them (all the sounds of cars passing by and seagulls and stuff are there) so extract them, order them by size, and listen until you find what you want.

Jake said there's likely to be a CD release of acoustic recordings after the season too, so look out for that :)
  • edited July 2010
    I've got 5 of the songs recorded from the games on my Youtube channel (Supersam64)
  • edited July 2010
    how do I listen to the .ogg files?
  • edited July 2010
    browen wrote: »
    how do I listen to the .ogg files?
    Get just about any media player but Windows Media Player (like VLC or Foobar2000) or install a DirectShow codec for OGG?
  • edited July 2010
    I'll still be waiting for a soundtrack CD to be released.

I hope it gets released around the same time as there is a free shipping deal, or else I can't buy it.
  • edited July 2010
    I'm just going to wait for the CD release because knowing Jared, he's probably going to some master mixes of the shorter tracks again this time around.

The reason I say that is because the Noir Sam soundtrack seems to be broken up into pieces depending on what part of the first act you are playing in 303. I'd love to hear the entire thing as one full track, which I bet is just genius on its own.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah, ripping the songs from the game is simply no way to listen to them. The Sam and Max soundtrack CDs have been brilliantly produced so far. Granted, that was back when Telltale only had Sam and Max on their plates and had far more of their resources put into it, but I'm really hoping for a quality release on this one because the soundtrack for the Season is simply ingenious.
  • edited July 2010
    ...but I'm really hoping for a quality release on this one because the soundtrack for the Season is simply ingenious.

I'm hoping for this, too, both for the soundtrack and the season-end DVD. The ToMI DVD was just terrible in comparison to the DVD for Sam & Max Season 2. I ordered the two existing Sam & Max soundtracks, but for some reason they haven't shipped yet.
  • edited July 2010
    Aww, that's unfortunate for me to read, as I have yet to break into my ToMI DVD as of yet. :(

It should be interesting to see what kind of Season-End stuff we get from TDP, though. The Soundtrack is a must for me.
  • edited July 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    Aww, that's unfortunate for me to read, as I have yet to break into my ToMI DVD as of yet. :(
    While it's not up to par with the Season Two DVD, in my opinion it has improved on the Strong Bad and CERTAINLY on the Wallace and Gromit DVD(which may as well not exist and was a horrendously botched job all around). There are some things that it does better than the Sam and Max discs, and some things it does a lot worse, though you can forgive some of the faults as a given for their first multi-platform DVD.

There are some definite pluses to the Tales DVD that others lack. In a 180-degree turnaround from the W&G discs, the Tales DVD does not have any DRM on it whatsoever, not even a disc check. You put in the DVD, install from the DVD, and then you don't need it anymore. This is THE killer feature of the Tales DVD, and what makes it worth owning.

There is a video commentary track, too. This is worth watching. The execution and variety are nowhere near the Season Two disc commentaries for a couple reasons, though: Like the rest of the disc, you cannot watch the features in a normal DVD player. Now, this isn't a problem for me because I have a media PC hooked up to my television near-constantly, but for others it can be a big issue. A bigger problem, for me anyway, is that the commentary can't be shut off. In the Sam and Max sets, the video acted as a way to go through the story of the episodes, and I enjoyed having that. Another difference is that there's only one commentary track, and it's purely design-related. There's no other aspects of game creation, like sound or cinematography or whatever. Despite these faults, it is a very insightful and entertaining commentary, and it's something I'd rather have than not have.

The concept art is handled really well. It's a gallery of image files, which is great because when they're part of panning videos like in(at least one of?) the Sam and Max discs, you can't really always get a close or extended look at them. So this is a definite plus.

The wallpapers are slightly annoying because they all have copyright notices in the corner, but otherwise good. Still, the ones from the thread were better.

...sorry to be off-topic, everybody.
  • edited July 2010
    Granted, that was back when Telltale only had Sam and Max on their plates and had far more of their resources put into it, but I'm really hoping for a quality release on this one because the soundtrack for the Season is simply ingenious.

So, you're saying just because Telltale has other projects, they'll put in less work? That's crazy.

I don't really have personal favorite songs, however, I just like what I hear in-game. I'm only going to wait for some songs from the soundtrack to pop up on Youtube.

However, the second we see a Puzzle Agent soundtrack...
  • edited July 2010
    @Rather Dashing: But at least I'm happy to know that
  • edited July 2010
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    So, you're saying just because Telltale has other projects, they'll put in less work? That's crazy.
    That's reality.
  • edited July 2010
    They could just have more staff...
  • edited July 2010

I don't really have personal favorite songs, however, I just like what I hear in-game. I'm only going to wait for some songs from the soundtrack to pop up on Youtube.

However, the second we see a Puzzle Agent soundtrack...

http://www.youtube.com/user/supersam64#grid/user/4156578101668F53
    There you go!
  • edited July 2010

they'd need to hire more staff, and anyway, telltale aren't actually the ones who do the sound editing, bay area sound are, and they are the ones who record the music, telltale pays them to do it. they also record the voice acting. at least, that is my understanding.
  • edited July 2010
    Yup, which is why Jared isn't down as a member of the telltale team.
  • edited July 2010
    Yup, which is why Jared isn't down as a member of the telltale team.

And explains the little scuffle they had in Season 1 with the Toy Mafia audio. :D
  • edited July 2010
    I own both Sam & Max soundtracks on CD and I love them to death. I do hope they continue this tradition and release another CD-set for Season 3.
  • edited July 2010

Which results in them having to pay more wages which results in game prices going up.

We just need to be patient for any season 3 soundtracks, especially since the season isn't even finished yet.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Details still being worked out, but a Season Three soundtrack release is likely. And yeah, the music this year is too good.
  • edited July 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    Details still being worked out, but a Season Three soundtrack release is likely. And yeah, the music this year is too good.

Jake, it needs the digital-mp3 episode suites again. Season Two's are fantastic. Pleeaaaasssseeeeeeeee include them.
  • edited July 2010

Likely? You mean there was a chance of it being NOT RELEASED? That would be a missed opportunity in enormous scales.
    Jake, it needs the digital-mp3 episode suites again. Season Two's are fantastic. Pleeaaaasssseeeeeeeee include them.

Well, I'm not that into Season Two's music. It doesn't have the charm of Season 1, even. It must be because of the random places we're going during Season 2, they're all over the place and done more to suit those places rather than to suit "Sam & Max".

I can't say that Season 3 soundtrack really suits the feel of Sam and Max, but MAN the songs are really kickass.
    edited July 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    I can't say that Season 3 soundtrack really suits the feel of Sam and Max, but MAN the songs are really kickass.

I'm going to be curious to hear your feelings on the 305 music.
  • edited July 2010

I'm not sure whether that comment was about 305's music not feeling like Sam & Max music or it being kickass.

Also, that better be secretly referencing a musical number. :p
  • edited July 2010

It better damn include Stinky's Sea Shanty song, my word do I love that catchy tune!
  • edited July 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    It better damn include Stinky's Sea Shanty song, my word do I love that catchy tune!

And of course the final showdown music from Tomb of Sammun-Mak. That is some fine music right there!
  • edited July 2010
    Oh, and the Molemen Toybox Song is a must.
  • edited July 2010

That's intriguing. You guys made some country style, or death metal by any chance?
  • edited July 2010
    That's reality.

Though I tend to believe (or hope) that Sam & Max is more of a Telltale flagship franchise, hence it getting the DVD love moreso than SBCG4AP or W&G, though I suppose the ToMI jeopardizes that idea a bit.
  • edited July 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    Which results in them having to pay more wages which results in game prices going up.

Not really, because they make more games.
  • edited July 2010

*subtle hint that 305 has the musical number*
  • edited July 2010
    Oooooh, 305 has a musical number. Awesooooome.
  • edited July 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »

You'll want to click this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8HOiV3vJ4
    lombre wrote: »
    And of course the final showdown music from Tomb of Sammun-Mak. That is some fine music right there!

And this for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINaBDNcIXU
  • edited July 2010
    Oooooh, 305 has a musical number. Awesooooome.

well, i dont know for sure, but i'd guess as much
  • edited July 2010

That's awesome! I love the music on this episodes so far. But why the TOMI soundtrack won't get a soundtrack release?
    edited July 2010
    There isn't a musical number in 305.* There are many musical moments though!**

* Unless there is.
    ** Unless there aren't.
  • edited July 2010
    Wow...

You can't really sound cryptic and exciting.
  • edited July 2010
    I dunno, there have been quite a few jokes in the episodes about a lack of musical number.
  • edited July 2010
    There isn't a musical number, unless there is?

AHA!

The secret is in realizing that there is not one, but SEVERAL musical numbers!

EPISODE 5 IS A MUSICAL.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.