Sam and Max Games Hang on Launch

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I recently moved my son to a new Windows 7 (32-bit) laptop and although all the Sam and Max games install without any problems they won't run. After launching the games, we'll get a gray box with a white strip across the top with the Telltale logo in it. Then, nothing. The app loads about 57MB into memory and then does absolutely nothing. It's totally unresponsive and will not even close without using task manager to force it the quit.

I've upgraded to the last versions of directx. The video card driver is current. Flash and shockwave are both current. I've uninstalled and reinstall the games too. Still nothing.

Any pointers or suggestions?

Thanks,
TMack

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Hmmm, are the display properties on the computer set to 32 bit as well?
  • edited July 2010
    Yep. I'm really stuck on this one. Any other thoughts?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Oh! It sounds like this is something with the wrapper. Which Sam & Max episodes are these, Season 1, 2 or 3? They have different wrappers so the solution will change depending on which one it is.

First and foremost though, you might try disabling any sort of virus scanner or firewall real quick to see if something is being overzealous. Might want to unplug yourself from the internet first just in case.
This discussion has been closed.