Monkey Island 1: No HDMI Sound

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I have an Aspire Revo (win XP) that I am using for a home theater system. The video and sound is going through the HDMI cable to my HDTV. Monkey Island starts up and the video plays fine but I am getting no sound. Everything else that I have used (WMC, browser, DVD player) has no problem. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Do you get sound outside of the game?
  • edited July 2010
    All other sound is working fine through the HDMI. This is a new system so this is the first game I have loaded.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    hmmm, so does that use audio drivers or video drivers? ...or both? Are they all up to date?
  • edited July 2010
    After investigating and experimenting a litlte further I discovered the following:

In order to send the audio and video to the HDMI port I have to set the audio device to the Nvidia ION LE HD device. That audio is the one that doesn't work for the game although the video works fine. I believe that the drivers are up to date for that device since I just downloaded them right after I bought the Aspire Revo a month or so ago. I'll check the drivers again to see if they are up to date though. In addition the normal audio that I get from WMP or from a browser works fine through the HDMI.

Ont the other hand, when I set the audio device to the Realtek HD device and use the audio jack on the back of the box then I get the audio okay.

It's kind of a pain to switch to a different audio device just to play this game though. I can live with it but I am still hoping to find a solution to the HDMI audio problem.

Thanks for trying to help.
  • edited July 2010
    bigguy51 wrote: »
    Ont the other hand, when I set the audio device to the Realtek HD device and use the audio jack on the back of the box then I get the audio okay.

I'm almost tempted to suggest you leave your setup like this. Yes, it's a workaround--not a solution--but it's a setup that works for both Telltale's games and the others.

I wonder if it's because you have more than one audio device. If you boot into the BIOS and disable the Realtek audio (Effectively leaving the nVidia ION device the only audio device enabled), will Telltale's games output audio over HDMI?
This discussion has been closed.