Tomi free dvd store problem

edited July 2010 in Game Support
Just a quick query, i have bought all the games and now i want to buy the free dvd and just pay for shipping but whenever i try to download it from the store it wont let me add it to the cart.

Any suggestions

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Does it happen with the standard edition or the Deluxe Edition ($14.95 if you own the season)?
    If it's the standard one, I'm not sure why you're having a problem as I can add it to my cart without any problems.
    As for the Deluxe one, there are several threads about this: here, here and here, for example (the first one is the most informative, as the second one has only one reply, which provides a link to the first one, and the third one has none after the op realized there was another thread on the subject).
    While I don't believe that Telltale themselves have said anything on the forum regarding the situation, another forumer reported (in the first thread I suggested) getting the following reply from Telltale Support:
    "We've had some trouble with the Deluxe Edition so we had to take it down from the site. It's out of stock and it's not certain when or if it will return."
    I have said in the first thread that I believe that there is a good chance that the Deluxe Edition will be back if people show interest (I think the main problem is that all the non-DVD items in the Deluxe Edition take some time and cost some money to make, so Telltale probably needs to have a certain amount made for it to be profitable for them, especially as they probably have to share the profits with LucasArts) and it is still my belief.
    Maybe a good way to gauge the interest would be to start a "Would you buy the Deluxe Edition if it was back in stock?" poll.
    I'm on it (never opened a thread with a poll in a forum before).
    PS: if it was the standard edition that caused you problem, sorry for my lack of helpfulness. You should e-mail Telltale at support@telltalegames.com.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited July 2010
    I created the aforementioned poll in the Tales of Monkey Island General Discussion forum.
    Farlander (rightfully) suggested that that might not be the best location for the poll as most people are complaining in the Support Forums, so I'm here to post a link to the poll.
    Here it is.
This discussion has been closed.