SaM S2 Launch Problems

edited August 2010 in Game Support
I liked Sam and Max Season 1, so I bought the Season 2 DVD, installed it and tried to launch it. The main menu with the episodes appers to be absolutely normal but if I try to start one of the episodes the game start with some black window and soon after that I get a message from windows about a failute with the program. None of the episodes starts. I tried all the stuff from the readme-file but nothing works. I have Windows XP Home and a the hardware that runs games like stalker or gothic 3 without problems and all the drivers are updated. So, is there a way that I can enjoy the humor of Sam and Max in this season? Any ideas?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Do the S1 episodes still work or are they broken now too?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Please post a dxdiag log.

dxdiag
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista / 7: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Then zip the file and attach it to a reply in this Thread.
  • edited July 2010
    Yes, the Season 1 works just fine and I never had any problems with the first season.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited July 2010
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (16 bit) (60Hz)

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
    Mini VDD Date: 7/15/2009 06:20:10, 4407808 bytes

Description: Realtek HD Audio output
    Date and Size: 7/3/2008 11:03:14, 4745216 bytes

Try setting your display color depth to 32 bit. I just noticed that S&M S1 and S2 seem to work with 16 bit on my System, but most later TTG Games don't. Therefore it's worth a shot.

Besides that it is a good idea to update your Graphics driver and Audio Driver.

I've seem games crash with old Realtek drivers. Also the new Graphics driver will enable you to use GPU Acceleration of H.264 Video as a nice side effect, which can save energy.
  • edited August 2010
    It worked. So i guess I really overreacted... That it was this trivial? I'm sorry for stealing your time because i was too stupid to think of it myself. But either way, thank you very much for your help.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Paradox wrote: »
    It worked. So i guess I really overreacted... That it was this trivial? I'm sorry for stealing your time because i was too stupid to think of it myself. But either way, thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome. That's what I'm here for ;)
This discussion has been closed.