Freelance Police released?

edited August 2010 in Sam & Max
do you want freelance police to be released?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In order for that to happen Steve has to give the rights to SnM back to LucasArts or something like that. It could be interesting but somehow i dont see that happening anytime soon.
  • edited August 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    In order for that to happen Steve has to give the rights to SnM back to LucasArts or something like that.

OR LucasArts can team up with Telltale.
  • edited August 2010
    OR LucasArts can team up with Telltale.

Like ToMI, yes, true. But i read in a magazine that LA has complete rights to the story of the cancelled game, it also says a few companies tried to buy the story so they could finish it but failed in the process
  • edited August 2010
    What was Freelance Police about anyways? Its been years since I last heard of it.
  • edited August 2010
    This keeps getting asked, and I don't think the reasoning as to why it won't happen is the same. I think it's something to do with Season 1 being composed of many of the ideas that were used in Freelance Police... that and Lucasarts keep saying it won't happen or something like that.
  • edited August 2010
    Now that it's cancelled, can't they release some information about it or something? I'm really curious and all...
  • edited August 2010
    Falanca wrote: »
    Now that it's cancelled, can't they release some information about it or something? I'm really curious and all...

Now that's something I can agree with. If we're never going to see it why can't we know what it was going to really be about?
  • edited August 2010
    I'd love to see it come back with the same actors the work on the telltale games
  • edited August 2010
    It's hard to imagine the way the Sam and Max franchise used to look when all you know is the episodic games.
  • edited August 2010
    If the graphics were to receive a big overhaul, I guess it could come back, but then again, LucasArts doesn't have the rights.
  • edited August 2010
    Pretty sure Season 1 ate up almost all of the ideas meant for Freelance Police. Not sure there would be much left that hasn't been done.
  • edited August 2010
    jweir wrote: »
    Pretty sure Season 1 ate up almost all of the ideas meant for Freelance Police. Not sure there would be much left that hasn't been done.

Actually i heard somewhere telltale wanted season 1 to be freelance police but couldent.
  • edited August 2010
    Probably not. "Freelance Police" would just be a early version of Season 1.

And besides, don't you guys know about time paradoxes? If the sequel was made, Telltale wouldn't have been born in the rubble. Like a diamond in the rough.
  • edited August 2010
    I thought Telltale had shied away from using too many ideas from Freelance Police in order to avoid legal trouble with LucasArts. Season 1 shouldn't be very much like it at all.
  • edited August 2010
    I just wish I knew more about it! All I've heard are snippits and I'm really curious of the Sam and Max that could of been, ah its my weird curiousty over Earthbound 64 all over again!
  • edited August 2010
    SillyStell wrote: »
    I just wish I knew more about it! All I've heard are snippits and I'm really curious of the Sam and Max that could of been, ah its my weird curiousty over Earthbound 64 all over again!
    Read this yet?
  • edited August 2010
    I would really love to play that...
  • edited August 2010
    And besides, don't you guys know about time paradoxes? If the sequel was made, Telltale wouldn't have been born in the rubble. Like a diamond in the rough.

Yesss I totally agree. That's what ive been thinking as well. Think about it, freelance police was going to be LucasArts's final adventure game, they cancelled it for finacial reasons (adventures games werent selling a lot that time), so if it was released adventure gaming would probably be non existant today.
  • edited August 2010
    Harald B wrote: »

Doesn't really explain much. It does sound interesting though but the plot snippets give only the roughest idea. Plus looking at some of the big things:

6 stories held together by one plot.
    Posing as members of a gang.
    Going into space
    Villaineous AI

These all happened in Season 1, albiet the connections are only very loose. Still it could be plausable that they were able to change the plot ideas enough from Freelance Police to avoid lawsuits, but still keep them similar enough to be used in Sam and Max Save the World.

However in a further plot twist, the Season one page on that wiki says that they are unrelated in content. THE PLOT THICKENS.
  • edited August 2010
    I'd like to see Hit the Road remade by telltale
  • edited August 2010
    You know, I, unlike many people, would like to see something ELSE that was cancelled besides Freelance Police...ya know...some OTHER Sam & max game that was being planned. You know what I'm talking about: Sam & Max Plunge Through Space.

Screw Freelance Police, I would like more to see a humanoid canine and a hypercinetic rabbity thingy recovering the statue of liberty with a spaceship Desoto across SPACE!
  • edited August 2010

Link corrected. ;)
    Screw Freelance Police, I would like more to see a humanoid canine and a hypercinetic rabbity thingy recovering the statue of liberty with a spaceship Desoto across SPACE!

You and me both. PTS sounded like an interesting plot and some tweaks in gameplay. I forgot where I read it (probably someone's blog) that they were experimenting with platformer fighting mechanics in some parts. Sure, it sounded like a recipe for disaster in a game that should be more adventure than action (in my opinion), but hey, I just wanted to see some Max look-a-likes. ^^;
Sign in to comment in this discussion.