Sam and Max Season 3 won't start

edited August 2010 in Game Support
I have installed all 4 games of season 3 and none of them will start. I get the launch screen, I click launch, the screen blinks for a second then I'm back to my desktop. After turning off spyware and anti-virus and restarting the game, I got a Black screen with Max's face for about 3 seconds on the monitor, then back to desktop. I am using only one monitor, and I also added the games to windows firewall for access. I have attached a copy of my dxdiag info. I sent this to tech support a week ago without a response, so I hoped maybe someone here could help.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2010
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
    Mini VDD Date: 10/22/2006 13:22:00, 3994624 bytes

Description: SoundMAX Digital Audio
    Date and Size: 1/27/2005 16:31:06, 260352 bytes

Your drivers are horribly old.

The bigger problem is though, that your graphics card is only DirectX 7.0 compliant.
    However S&MS3 requires a DirectX 8.1 compliant card.

Your best options are to try a newer AGP Graphics card, or to request a refund by E-mailing support@telltalegames.com
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks for the answer. I have used this system in the past to play the other 2 seasons of Sam and Max without any problems. Is season 3 different?
  • edited August 2010
    Well, I just went and looked and saw the specs for season 3 are higher than the other seasons. Oh well..I'll have to put it on my other system after I fix it. Thanks again for the info.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2010
    jdc123 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer. I have used this system in the past to play the other 2 seasons of Sam and Max without any problems. Is season 3 different?

Absolutely. The game engine improved in several areas since S&M S2.
This discussion has been closed.